Fourteen :)

PS: This chapter is dedicated to my brother❤

Alicia's POV

I had both good news and bad news. The good news was that, I had been accepted back into the police department not as a police officer but as a detective. They realised my importance the day I resigned and as soon as I returned to work, they hurriedly promoted me and now I could proudly call myself a detective.

The bad news was that it had been two weeks since Tristan threw me out of his house. I had called him and texted him several times but to no avail. He didn't pick my calls nor did he reply to my texts. I hadn't heard from him for two weeks and it felt unbearable. The only times I saw him was on TV where he was either being interviewed or when they were reporting news about him.

I got down from my bed. I had to go to work. I couldn't just stay in bed and stare at the painting that Tristan gave to me. I had to try and move on with my life no matter how difficult it felt. Stacy who was a waitress at some restaurant had already left for work so it was high time I left for work too.

When I was done getting ready for work, I boarded a bus and went straight to my workplace. Occupying my head with work was the best way I was sure to forget about Tristan.

❤❤❤

The moment I returned home from work, I received a call from Drake.

"Hi Drake. What's up?" I said the moment I answered the call.

"I VISITED HAILEY'S PARENTS TODAY!!!" he literally screamed.

"Drake keep it down, jeez!"

"I'm just so HAPPY!!!" he yelled again.

"I can see that so it would better to tell me what's made you so happy."

"Hailey's parents agreed. They fucking agreed. They had no problem with Hailey being pregnant for me. They only told me to make sure I married their daughter soon. I proposed to Hailey just a while ago and she said yes. Hailey and I are getting married, Alicia. She's finally going to be my wife and I'm going to become her husband! I will also become a father once she gives birth. I don't even know what name to decide on for our first born. Maybe I think I should name it Wendy if it's a girl or maybe Kendrick if it's a guy. Or I could name the girl after my grandmother and the boy after my grandfather. Or it would be amazing if Hailey gave birth to twins. We could be a happy family. We could visit the park every Saturday or we could go on tour in a different country. Perhaps, we could throw a party and invite the biggest stars in New York. We could even..."

I cut him off. "Drake I get it. You are very happy. You are getting married to Hailey. You are going to become a father. I know it feels amazing but you are kinda blabbering a lot."

"Yeah I know but I'm very very excited right now."

"Congratulations on your wedding, Drake."

"Thanks."

"So when is the wedding coming on?" I asked.

"Next month." he replied. "By then, we will have everything ready."

"Make sure I'm the first to get an invitation." I told him.

Stacy walked into the living room just then. She looked like she was waiting for me to finish the call.

"I'll call you back alright?" I said to Drake.

I hang up after he replied with an okay. I turned to Stacy. "What's up?"

She grinned happily. "I have a date tonight and I want you to help me get ready. Please."

I smiled. "Alright I'll help you. But I'm going to pee I'll be right back." I told her.