Nineteen :)

Tristan's POV

I walked into Starbucks and spotted Zac sitting at a table at the far end. I strode over to him and sat down. I didn't have time for good morning and those kind of stuff. I just needed him to get straight to the point.

"Who told everyone I was the mysterious artist?" I asked at once.

"Before I tell you this I want you to promise me that you wouldn't take this the bad way."

"You are keeping me in suspense. Just tell me. Who was it?"

He sighed. "I just wanted you to know that I snitched. I was the one who told the media and I'm really very sorry for doing that."

"What did you just say?" I asked in utter shock.

"It was me." he said. "I told the media that you are the mysterious artist."

"Zac, is this some kind of joke?" I asked, still not believing my ears.

"It's not. I'm serious  about this. I told the media and at first I didn't want you to know I was the one but then you started blaming another person for something that I did and I just thought you should know."

"You thought I should know?" I repeated his last words in pure disappointment. "And you call yourself my friend? Why the hell did you tell the media? What the hell was your reason for doing something like that?"

"I'm sorry, buddy. But I had to do it."

"Buddy?" I asked with a slight shake of my head. "You have the right to call me buddy? I mean, come on, did you think that I was going to take this lightly? Because of you I threw Alicia out of my house. I blamed and accused her for something she knew nothing about and you sit here and call me buddy? Is this some kind of joke to you? Because there's something I don't get, why the hell did you tell me off?"

"Money." he murmured. "I did it because of the money."

I cursed. "What money?"

"The money I received for telling you off."

"So this was all about the money?" I questioned.

He nodded.

I held my head in my hands for a while, then looked up at his sad face.

"Why do you have such love for money? Why do you have to be so greedy huh? Tell me, wasn't I paying you enough for all your help? Wasn't your job enough? Did you have to go ahead and tell me off too? When I think about it I just can't even get my head around it. I believed in you, Zac. So much that I accused my girlfriend instead. But now I know you are not worth being called my friend."

"I'm sorry, Tristan." he apologised. "I really am."

"Every minute that I spend talking to you is just a waste of time. Alicia is back at my house waiting for me and I would rather be with her than be with you."

I didn't wait for his reply, I just walked out of the shop, got inside my car and drove off to my house. The moment, I opened the door, I started calling for Alicia.

"Alicia!" I called.

Nothing.

"Alicia! I'm back, let's talk." I said.

Again, nothing.

"Alicia, where are you?" I asked and started looking around for her.

Still, nothing.

I realised her heels were no more in the living room and her dress couldn't be seen too. Was she...gone?

I quickly grabbed my phone from my pocket and called her.