Chapter 18.

Aspens pov
Me and Daphne were taking a walk in the park. We sat down on the ground. She looked as if she was crying. I knew it was all because of that Maxon. I had to cheer her up somehow. I raises my palm.
"Friends?" I asked smiling lightly. She looked at me and then returned a heartwarming smile. She put her palm against mine.
"Forever"She muttered embracing me tightly.

Maxon's pov

°~Everything was ruined when I came to know about her. What she had done. Life without her seemed impossible now. Hell I would do anything to have her back now.~°

5 hours before......

I was taking the papers for the signing  when I heard a huge sound which felt like a glass vase had broke from Daphne's room. I rushed inside her room and the scene made me collapse.
She was lying on the floor a pocket knife embedded in her stomach.
I realised what she had done.
"Daphne.....no......no...." i said cradling her face in my lap.
Tears streamed down my face.
"Max...Maxon....." She mumbled.
"No...please...Daphne...why..." I replied leaning my forehead against hers. Our tears mixed together and guilt overcame me. Its all my fault. She is dying right here in my arms. My best friend. The only one who knew me.
"I am sorry....i screamed at you...." She whispered sadly crying.
"I am sorry...Daphne....i ...will call the doctor....you have to live." I croaked. I knew i was out of time now. There is nothing I could do except watch her suffer. All because of my mistake.
"I love you Maxon.....i forever will...." She said gasping. I pressed my lips to hers.She kissed me back and i gave in forgetting everything. I stared into her blue eyes.
"Daph....oh no!"Aspen exclaimed rushing to her side.
"Aspen...." She mumbled smiling.
"Please Daphne..... You... You.... tried to heal me.  Please don't leave me alone." He said carresing her cheek.
"I will never leave you alone Aspen. I.... will always be there for you..... I promise." She said gasping.
"No! "Me and Aspen cried in unison.  She closed her eyes and I broke down knowing she couldn't be saved.
"Wake up... Daphne.... Wake up... Please. "Aspen said patting her cheeks.
"Call the doctor. Call him. Dr Ashlar." He said looking at me tears running down his face.
I cried harder.  I couldn't even reply to him.
"Maxon? "He asked his voice a notch higher.
"I am sorry." I whispered.
"What.... No..... No.. Daphne..... I can't live here without you.... Please.... Please" His last words a small whisper.
"What have you done? " he asked angrily picking her up and probably taking her to the undertaker.

Aspens POV
I couldn't stop my crying. Why does this whole world has to be like this. One after the other I have been loosing all my loved ones.
She was buried and my heart broke into a thousand pieces.
"I am sorry." America said her lower lip  lip trembling.
"Please leave me alone. "I said softly. I couldn't bring myself to ignore her.  I didn't have that much energy. I was so tired of playing this games with people.
I kneeled down next to her grave putting some roses.
I walked down the corridors when I bumped into Anne and Mary.
"Hey.. How you doing huh. "Anne asked sweetly.
"Fine.... Just a little bit sad lately. You know Daphne and America. "I said sadly.
"We have a surprise. Come on. "Anne said pulling me into a room. They made me sat on a chair in front of a mirror which had a cloth covering me.
"Makeover time." Mary said smirking.
"What... Woah... Wait guys." I asked looking at them.
"Please... Trust us.... A change will help you Aspen. " Mary said pouting.
"Okay."I said shaking my head.
They shaved the sides of my hair so they were gathered on the top and swept sideways. Then they coloured it.  I didn't know which colour which made me more nervous. I just waited patiently. After they blow dried my hair,  I fell in love with myself.

Americas POV.
I saw Aspen and my heart jumped. Literally. He was changed.  Almost unrecognizable. His hair was shaved at the sides and it was blonde with caramel brown streaks.  He looked so damn hot.
"Woah.... What's with the makeover. "I asked quite impressed. He ignored me and walked away. I stared at his blonde head wondering how much he was trying to hide inside himself.
He was standing by my room.
"I thought you are gonna ignore me for your whole life huh." I scoffed sarcastically.
"Change of mind. I am not giving up. I made my move. I think you have a liking for hot blondes."He said smiling sexily and running his hands through his hair. I mirrored his grin and walked back into my room.

A/N Today was my second last exam so this update.  I am sorry that I killed Daphne. I have other plans for my Aspen❤❤❤❤😍😍😍😍😍💖💖💖💖💋💋💋💋my bae forever.
Love you guys😊😊😊😊😎😎. Check out my new book.