Part 20

Lisa's P.O.V.

As I was eating the cake and preparing for Minnie - who was changing - to come downstairs, I spotted Soyeon in a corner with her friends. She seemed to be enjoying the party, since she was smiling so widely. I looked at her, and as she turned around, we made eye contact. Her smile loosened and loosened till it was entirely gone, and she was looking at me like she was mad. Rather confused than mad, but mad as well.

I smiled at her, despite feeling very awkward

I smiled at her, despite feeling very awkward. I knew the following conversation I was going to have was not going to be easy at all, but at least I had the courage to try. My smile got wider and wider as I walked towards her, and as I saw more confusion forming on her face, I looked down, trying not to laugh. It was pretty funny actually.

"Hey, uh- Soyeon", I said, and greeted her with the same wide smile I had few seconds ago.

"Hi", she said. Her facial expression didn't show feelings any longer, and neither did her voice. She was just standing there, blankly looking me in the eye, and listening to my words. Her voice sounded calm, but I was sure it wasn't really as it seemed. After all, I am Lalisa Manoban - and Jeon Soyeon hates me.

"So, uh- I wanted to tell you that...I know we haven't...or...have..."

I sighed and looked away for a few long seconds. This is going as bad as I was imagining, my negativity communicated to me. 

Lalisa, calm down. It's just Soyeon. You can have a conversation with her, my positivity said. 

"So, I know we haven't really been friends so far", I said confidently, and she nodded looking away. This meant she realized I was right.

"But I think we can fix this", I said, and let all of the air inside of me escape.

After a few awkward moments of silence, Soyeon said something I would never had imagined her say.

"We clearly can", and she smiled widely. "Look...I did all of this...because I was jealous."

A moment later, my mouth hung open in shock, and I hadn't even realized. She giggled at my reaction, and continued confidently.

"I saw that all of my friends were crazy about befriending you, and that Jungkook that I had feelings for was drooling you", she confessed. "That is why I did all of that stuff to you. And now I realize how mean I actually was."

She smiled widely and continued, ready to finish her point.

"We can be friends now though. I actually really want it. And about Jungkook? I am completely over that idiot. You can have him, and I will support the hell out of you two."

"Great!" I exclaimed, and probably sounded way more excited than I actually was. 

I turned around, ready to leave and tell Jungkook I was gonna change my mind.

"Oh, and Lisa?" Soyeon called me when I was leaving.

"Yeah?" I turned around.

"I changed my mind. Let's not be friends. Let's be like sisters."