Chapter Five

•Edited Tuesday, July 23rd, 2019•

Brendon grabbed me with force, and wrapped his arm around my neck into a choke-hold. His grip kept getting tighter and tighter, until I could breathe anymore. I started seeing black dots until I saw nothing at all.

I woke up with a sudden gasp. I was searching for the breath I thought I had lost forever. I looked around. I was on the bed in my room, book nearby. I was still wearing the clothes from before. I must've fallen asleep, and this was all a dream.

I walk to the bathroom to fix myself up.
The mirror reflected someone I was not. There was someone greasy, messy, and completely unkempt staring back at me.

How long has it been since I've showered?

I instantly jumped into the shower to make myself feel the best I can. The warmth of the water relaxed my anxieties from the nightmare I was living. It's easy to forget your hardships when you're focusing on yourself.

After I was completely clean, I got out of the shower. I put my hair in a towel hat and wrapped a towel around myself. I went to the closet to grab some clothes.

There was a knock at the door.

"Uh, just a minute!" I yelled. I quickly found a robe to wrap myself in. I opened the door, and Brendon was standing in the door frame.

"Can I help you?" I asked, annoyed.

"Um, well." His eyes trailed down my body. "I'm making dinner. Any requests?"

The way he looked at me made me sick. I felt super self-conscious. "Uh, is Italian okay?"

"Sure, darling, if that's what you want." He winked, and left.

I slammed the door.

What just happened?

I went back to the closet and put on a simple white tee and ripped black jeans. I took my hair out of my towel hat, and combed it. I found a hair dryer in the cabinet, and used it to straighten my hair.

 I found a hair dryer in the cabinet, and used it to straighten my hair

I took a look in the mirror. I was no longer a greasy mess. I saw myself, and I felt like myself, even if everything was far from normal.

"Darling?" I heard Brendon call. "Dinner's ready!"

"Alright!" I yelled. I grabbed a cardigan and walk down stairs.

Brendon was in the kitchen, clad with a similar outfit to mine, but instead of a sweater, he wore a leather jacket.

He turned around. "It seems like we're wearing the same thing." He chuckled. "You wear it better." Brendon bit his lip.

" Brendon bit his lip