C H A P T E R S I X

• CHAPTER SIX •
WANT VS DUTY
••••♛••••

I followed after Harvey, my face grim with the discussion we were about to have.

I guess it had been a while, and a lot had changed. But I knew Harvey, he hadn't meant to say that to Holgan. Something must be going on between them.

I went towards Rocky ledge, a huge opening to the side of the mountain that was filled with Smith rocks and pebbles. I knew Harvey would be here, Lady Kenner always loved coming here to.

I approached his muscular form, that was staring out down the others side of the mountain.

Looking at something beautiful reminded you things got better.

"Hey, Harv" I called out, sitting next to him on the rocks.

"I'm sorry. That was rude."

"Really, I hate formalities. You did nothing wrong, your like my brother in this place- and you treat me like a sister even when the others don't. Nothing to be sorry for."

"Yeah, I should have known it would tick off Holgan though. He had been wanted to burst for a while now."

"What's happened? Before I left you were doing well in your studies- on your way to making first battalion."

"I just...I don't want to be a soldier." He says, kicking the pebbles around with his feet.

I blink shocked at his words. The house of Nomads were all warriors- even since the beginning. They had controlled the Sigil army for over a century when it was first established, naturally you would assumed Harvey would follow the same footsteps of his ancestors.

"Okay...what do you want to do?"

Harvey turned to me giving me a dimple filled smile, with pearly white teeth.

"Your amazing."

"What do you mean?"

"Your the first person who has even bothered to ask me what I wanted to do."

"Well, I'm happy you have your own passion. I think some don't have that luxury; i.e me. I can live vicariously through you."

"Yeah well...I've always wanted to work the tech guild."

I nodded understanding.

Harvey was a bit of a nerd. He might not look like it, but he loved computing. I remember him always having a pod with him typing away nonsense no one could understand.

"Have you spoken to your father about it?"

"As if..."

"There is no harm in trying- is there something you wanted to do aside from soldier Work? Having a good mode of work somewhere else could make him more-"

"Forget It. He would never agree to it. He would never allow me to own a computer or pod again. Father is Master strategist, it's only bearable here because I can do it on the side and he knows it."

"What about Holgan?"

"Phesh. What about the snake. He won't agree with it if father doesn't."