C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - F I V E

• CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE •
A NEW PARTNERSHIP
••••♛••••

I stood opposite Holgan in his cell, looking at him as he stared into the ground.

"Will you talk to me please..."

He ignored me.

"I didn't have a choice..."

He still kept silent.

"I know he didn't do it, i just didn't have a choice.." I repeated.

"What do you want from me your Majesty? My sympathy? I'm sorry it's not like my father is going to be executed, and my family branded As traitors for the rest of our lives or anything."

"I just need time to figure this out." I explained.

He scoffed, pulling at his chains.

"Higgam...he isn't denying it. He admitted it."

Holgan sat up, paying attention.

"What?"

"He called Casey on himself. I had no choice.."

"Cut the crap. You had a choice..."

"Holgan..."

"I'm sick and tired of that excuse. That's been your answer to everything..."

"It's not a excuse...it's the truth."

"No, the truth is you have a choice. You choose the easy way because if you pick the hard way, you have to ask for help."

I looked away.

"No, if I pick the hard way, more people get hurt..."

"So what! You know what's funny...you say you want to be like your father...rule just and fair like him, but that's not what your doing."

"You father was just, and fair yes. But I remember him never making choices because it was easy."

"You think this was easy!"

"Yes it was, because you would have to do the one thing you haven't done in your whole life! Actually trust the people around you!"

"I do trust you!" I say blinking hard to stop the tears.

He looked at me sad.

"That's the thing Aura...I don't think you ever did..." He says quietly, causing me to think about his words.

"I know I said my father is 90% right. He isn't this time. Whatever he thinks he is doing...it's not right. Do you know what this would do. Sigil would be over, branded traitors along with my father, we have had your family protected for years! What about Mount Sigil? It would go to the council. You would have no protection and be forced to rely on Fabien. Your risking your trump card...the most important thing to you on this on decision!"

"Holgan..."

"You want to protect you country... but you can't protect those you care about? How does that work?" He says shaking his head.