Chapter 2

Colby's POV
I woke up to the screech of my door. I was greeted by the smiling face of Nurse Terry. She walked in with her cart like normal. I took my pills and let her check my body for cuts or bruises. She soon left to finish her rounds. I leaned against the wall waiting for the breakfast bell. Today isn't a good day. I felt more depressed than ever. The slightest thing could set me off today.

The bell finally rang. I walked to the mess hall and sat down at the table. I poked at my food. I looked around. The new girl was here. She was very small and bony. Her hair was long, blonde and wavy. She has hazel eyes. I watched her as she stared at her plate. She wasn't going to eat. I could tell by her appearance that she hadn't eaten for days. I picked my plate up and sat in front of her. I normally wouldn't do this but they'll do terrible things if she doesn't eat this food. She looked at me with fear in her eyes.

"So you're the new girl?" I simply asked her. She just nodded. "Not hungry?" She shook her head at me. "Look I know it's not the best food but if you don't eat it, they will lock you in the soft room for three days and put you on a feeding tube." Her eyes widen at the thought. She looked back down at her plate then back at me.

"What's your name?" She softly spoke to me.

"Colby. You are?"

"Rilynn Mae" I chuckled a little. It was cute she told me her middle name too. She gave me a weird look. "Is something funny?"

I shook my head. "No. I just thought it was weird that you told me your middle name too. If I knew we were doing that then I would have said Cole Robert." She gave me a small smile before picking up her silverware and eating the food on her plate. I noticed the bandages on her arms. Now was my chance to ask why she was here. "So Rilynn, why'd they bring you here? You don't seem crazy at all." She looked up at me and I saw the tears form in her eyes. The bell rang for breakfast to be over. She got up and followed the rest of the group. I watched her wipe her face as she walked away. Weird.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Group therapy was torture as always. The same question, "how are you feeling?". We were now in quiet time. I just sat in my room and thought about Rilynn. I don't understand what made her cry this morning. I didn't say anything rude. Oh well. I guess that's what happens when I try to be nice to a person.

Rilynn's POV
This place was weird. The people were weird. I hate being here. My room was blank. It didn't have any windows or mirrors. Only a bed, toilet, and sink. I can't believe my mom brought me here. It makes me wish she hadn't found me the third time. I didn't want to be alive. I have felt like this for a long time. I've tried to kill myself 3 times now. The first time I was going to hang myself but my sister walked in and yelled for my mom right as I was about to put the rope around my neck. Then I tried pills. I took some of my dads pain killers from his room and swallowed 15 of them. My dad found me on the floor and made me throw the pills up. This last time I slit from my wrist to my elbow. I watched them bleed. Of course I never succeeded. My mom walked in on me and called the police. After they stitched my arms at the hospital, they recommended this place. I just think that maybe my parents care too much. I mean I obviously don't want to be alive so why can't they just let me die? I've been so depressed ever since I started high school. It's been 4 years since then. I'm 18 now. I know I'm always going to be a failure and I will never fall in love. Just like the girls at school always told me. I never understood my purpose being here. I guess just to cause problems and hurt everyone. That's what my mom told me at least. She said that yesterday before she brought me here. I just hope the second I decide to hurt myself again that no one will care. I was brought out of my thoughts when the bell rang for the next thing on the schedule. School. Greatttt. That's totally what I want. I don't want to be near any of these people. Especially not Colby. He really had the nerve to ask me on my first day why I was here. Isn't it obvious that my parents just can't take care of me anymore? I walked with the group to the education room. Colby walked behind me. I didn't even want to be near him. He gave me chills. I sat down next to one of the girls. Colby sat down on the other side of the room next to the only other boy here. He looked up and made eye contact with me. We stared for a minute before he rolled his eyes and looked at the desk again. God I hate him.