Chapter 5

Rilynn's POV
Something had been off about Colby. He wasn't the same cocky, mean person. He's been staring a lot. I haven't heard him talk much. We sitting in the quiet activity hall. I got up front he familiar couch. I walked over to Sam and Colby. I grabbed Colby's arm and pulled him back to the couch with me.

"What is wrong with you?" I asked him. He just shrugged his shoulders. "Colby, I know we were kind of messed up to each other in the beginning but you can talk to me about anything. I'm here for you." I placed my hand on his leg. He looked up at me. Something about his blue eyes that made me go crazy. I just gazed into them. Colby was different from every guy I had met before. Sure, he was violent but he would never hurt me. I could see it in his eyes. I could see the pain and suffering that he's been through.

"I'm scared Rilynn." He finally spoke to me. "I've never been able to hold myself back like I did with you. Something about you is special and I don't know what it is." I understood. I was scared too. He is different and something told me that I needed him to be in my life. I gave him a small smile and rubbed my thumb in circles. "It's okay." I comforted him. I leaned my head against his shoulder. I felt him tense up but soon he relaxed and just took deep breathes.

I hung out with Colby until it was time for bed. I sat patiently waiting for my door to open but it never did. Weird. I looked at the clock on the wall. 9:35

Nurse Terry never brought me my medicine. My door never got locked. I got up off the bed and slowly made my way to the big metal door. I carefully tugged at it. Unlocked. I quietly opened the door and went on to explore the facility. I walked down hallway after hallway. I came across an opened door. A chair sat in the middle of the room with a helmet. Wires attaching the two together. Electric chair. I backed away from the chair until I couldn't back up anymore. I thought I just hit a wall but it was a person. I was too terrified to turn around but I had to. Slowly I turned myself. Hoping that it was someone I didn't want to see. It was a male nurse. His badge said Warren. I'm in so much trouble.

"What do you think your doing? Lights out was over 2 hours ago." He confronted me. I couldn't speak. I was trembling. I soon saw 3 more nurses behind him. "Not going to talk? Alright." He said angrily as he snatched my arm. I began to squirm. His grip tightened every time I tried to get free. The other nurses joined him. They pulled me back and set me in the horrific contraption. Strapped me in. I began to panic. I couldn't move. The nurses stepped away. Nurse Warren stepped over to the wall of switches. He watched me try to get free. He smirked at me. He then flipped the switch. I felt the electricity all through out my body. I screamed and cried. I then felt it become more and more powerful. I screamed in agony. I found myself not being able to move. Everything became fuzzy. Until finally it went black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up in my bed. My body aches from the electricity that they shot through my body. I tried to swing my legs down to the floor but they didn't budge. I began to panic. I can't move. What the hell is happening. I began to cry. My sobs echoed throughout the empty room. The heavy metal door screeched opened to reveal Nurse Terry. She rushed to my side. "Rilynn what's wrong?" She questioned

"I can't move my legs!" I panicked while she tried to help me sit up. She pulled one leg off at a time. My legs were dead weight. "Can you wiggle your toes for me?" Nurse Terry examined my bare feet as she tried to find the cause of the problem. My toes didn't move. "I need a wheel chair!!" She yelled loud enough so someone could hear her.

After 5 minutes, another nurse brought in a wheel chair. Nurse Terry helped me in it. "Honey can you move your arms?" She knelt down beside me. I nodded as I lifted my arms. She gave me a small smile. I grabbed the wheels and began to wheel myself down the hall. I made it to the mess hall. I caught stares from all the other teenagers. Colby stared the hardest. He looked so worried. I rolled up in between him and Sam.

"What the hell happened to you?" Colby looked at me. I didn't say anything. I couldn't tell him what happened. I fear the consequences of telling anybody the events of last night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N- hey hope you're enjoying my story so far! I'm so busy but I'm trying to write as much as possible.