Chapter 1

Annie Leonhardt woke from her nightmare. It was the same every night. But last night's dream was much more vivid. She looked at the time, and thought of remembering back what she had dreamed.

Crystal pieces lay around her and someone was in front of her, panting and sweating. He whispered,"I'm sorry, Annie." Then, she felt pain pierced through her chest. She looked down, and saw the dreaded blade meant to kill those giants through her chest. The blond looked at her, Armin, her brain registered. He let go of the blade handle and went closer to her. She meant to back away but her body wouldn't move. Armin was inches away from her, and he kissed her forehead. Her sight began to blur, but she heard his voice for one last time,"May we meet again in another life." And the last she saw was tears in his brilliant blue eyes.

Annie opened her eyes, wondering why the dream was much for vivid. Her head perked up, hearing Bertholdt calling for her. She got up, to get ready for school and to look for someone to bully as usual. Maybe Marco today. Good point to annoy Horseface.

20 minutes later she sat at her own class, annoyed by the noise the rest made. She looked out the window, wanting time to pass faster. The class teacher then entered, as usual. Ms Zoe announced,"We have a new student today. I expect you all to be kind to him. Especially Leonhardt." The teacher eyed her as she rolled her eyes. She thought, joy. Someone new to bully.

Ms Zoe gestured for the new student to enter. He did. And Annie's eyes widen at the sight of blond bowl cut hairstyle and blue eyes. He said without fear,"My name's Armin Arlert."