Chapter 4

The next morning it was the weekend. Armin was glad to stay away from Annie for at least one day.

But he has one thing bothering him lately. The reason Annie bullies. Everyone has a reason right? Being logical, he is sure.

Eren had Mikasa over to cook breakfast,"Annie again. My arm hurts." Armin got angrier at Annie for hurting his best friend. "Don't worry, Armin. I'll be fine." The brunet assured the blond.

They ate while talking, which took their breakfast time to an hour. Armin never felt so happy in his life since moving here.

Annie had made his life miserable but his two close friends cheered him up.

Mikasa left to finish an errand. Eren turned the television on and switched channels before settling on National Geography Wild.

Armin decided to stay in his room to study. It wasn't long before he couldn't focus. His want to find out about Annie distracted him.

He resisted the urge to confront her at her house, only to realize he didn't know her address.

He was confused on what to do. He picked a book from the floor and started reading.

A few minutes later it started raining. The constant rain drops on his window frustrated him.

He took out his earphones and plugged it into his phone. He tapped on shuffle and the song he was landed on is Please Give Me A Reason by Pink.

He couldn't help but think that this song explained so much of what he wanted to do. He sang along quietly till it reached the next song, Let It Go in Japanese.

He felt his phone was trying to tell him what to do. But continued listening.

He was somewhere singing along to Demons when Eren suddenly opened the door. Armin pulled out his earphones,"Shit, Eren! Don't you know how to knock!?"

"I did but there wasn't any respond. So yeah." Armin sighed,"Oh fine. What is it?" Eren replied,"I was thinking of going out for lunch. Mikasa is still busy so I wanna go out. Wanna come?"

"Sure. Why not?" He made sure his phone wasn't playing anymore and stuffed it in his pocket,"So, where do you wanna eat?"

"I heard there's a new restaurant not far. I wanna try it out."

A few minutes later they were waiting outside. "This place's full. Gotta wait." Eren said depressingly. "Why not other places?" "Come on I've been dying to come here."

A few minutes later the waiter showed them their table. As Armin sat down, he noticed Annie sitting alone across the room. And eating alone but there were two cups on her table.

He shrugged it off, trying to take his mind off Annie. He wanted to have a nice lunch with his best friend. He ordered pasta, as he had not eaten those in a long time.

Eren proceeded to paying the bill an hour later. As he left, he noticed Annie had already left.

But he found Annie in the place he least expected.

Eren insisted on visiting his mother's grave. When they were there, Eren talked as if talking to someone. He told his mother about life and whatever else.

Armin leaned on a tree to shade under the tree. He had no dead person to talk to anyway.

He saw Annie walking at the far side of the graveyard. She was holding a bouquet of an assortment of flowers. She bent down and placed it on grave.

And like Eren, she started talking. For once he saw tears. A few seconds later, it started raining. Eren stood up,"Let's go."

As they walked back Armin asked,"Why was Annie there?" "Where? Oh, the graveyard." The brunet thought for a while,"How could I be stupid!?" "What is it?" Armin asked, curious. Eren replied with a sad tone,"It's Mina's death anniversary today." "Mina?" Armin said slowly, taking in the name.

"Yes. She was the only one besides Bertholdt and Reiner who could be close to her. She was also the reason when there was a time Annie stopped bullying."

"Oh." Armin never thought that a girl like Annie could have such a close friend. "But what happened to Mina?"

"Accident at school. Fire. Died on the spot."