Chapter 6

Annie received a notice from Ms Zoe the moment she entered class. It was written that she is to attend performance practice everyday Friday and Saturday.

Joy, tomorrow's Friday. I'll have to reorganize my schedule with Reiner and Bertholdt. She thought as she went to her seat.

She looked across the room to look at Armin, who was deeply engrossed in a book. Eren woke the blond when Ms Zoe started to speak.

Once again, Ms Zoe reminded about the theater performance. Looks like there's still not enough people. Annie thought while mentally rolling her eyes.

Much later it was Literature, taught by Mr Erwin Smith. He talked about a classic which Annie can't recognise, not surprising as she doesn't read books often.

5 minutes before his class ended, Mr Smith announced,"I would like to inform that I'll be the director for the upcoming theater performance. But I would need an assistant. Any enquiries please do speak with me after school."

Annie thought as if he needed to tell everyone that, nobody would care. She took her books to leave for her next class, Chemistry.

The saddest part for her is that she's seated next to Armin. She regretted leaving that spot empty the day he came.

Ms Zoe gave them an assignment, which Annie couldn't understand at all. In fact, she had been daydreaming during the first 30 minutes. And Armin had to spend the next hour explaining about it while doing the assignment.

Luckily, she had not failed the assignment, thanks to Armin. And for the second time Ms Zoe praised her. Literally, the second time.

Annie thanked Armin quietly before leaving class. She managed to go to her locker without being crushed by the crowd. Despite her small size, she was the strongest next to a senior, whom Annie doesn't look up to.

After getting beat up in a karate tournament by him, they were rivals. His gang and hers. Well, it was unfair since her arm was injured.

After done with school, Annie was thinking of her schedule when someone stopped her. "What is it Hitch?" Hitch smiled,"We heard you joined the theater. Marlow congratulates you." She cackled before running off.

Annie rolled her eyes, annoyed by Hitch. But whenever Boris was around, although he's part of Marlow's gang, defended her till Hitch was convinced he liked her, despite denials from Boris.

Annie walked back, followed by Reiner and Bertholdt minutes later. "I'll be home alone when you and Bert will be practicing for the performance." Annie snorted,"I doubt we'll be acting." "Maybe we will." Bertholdt said.

"Ugh. So Reiner, on Fridays and Saturdays you'll have to eat out yourself. Alone." Annie told about rearranging their schedule till the performance day.

They both agreed, and they were back home continuing their routine.

-----

Armin went directly to the staff room after the last bell. He knocked on Ms Zoe's door. "Come in!" He entered. "What is it Arlert? Do you need anything." She asked with a smile. "I want to join the theater." She clapped her hands happily,"That completes it! Now I don't have to find anymore students to join." Armin stepped back towards the door,"So, I'll excuse myself then." She nodded. As Armin left, he heard MS Zoe,"I hope you can deal with that blonde." Was she talking about Annie?

Armin walked back, thinking of how he's going to explain to Eren about the theater. He also pondered on Ms Zoe's words. Did she really think I could deal with Annie?

When he was back, Eren wasn't home, so he wore his headphones, turned on the volume and did his homework, which he finished within an hour despite exercises from Literature, Maths and Biology.

As he took of his headphones Eren and Mikasa entered. "You're back." Eren snorted,"Yeah. After Marlow's taunts to a fight." Armin noticed there were bruises around Eren. "Who?"

"Annie's rival. He took over Annie's title after the last round of a national competition. So yeah. Mikasa helped me escape from Marlow." Eren answered. "Wait, how could Annie lose? She's quite strong." Eren shrugged,"I heard her arm or leg was injured at the time. But I don't buy that."

Armin nodded. Things only seem to get weirder and more secretive as he dig into Annie's past.