three | bang bang

'' i heard that you like the bad girls,

honey, is that true? ''

***

I always admired Madame Irene and the empire that she built for herself.

She started from completely nothing, just like a lot of other criminals from Incheon and she worked tirelessly to get to the top. She never once asked anyone for help and she was known for always sticking to her end of the deal. She could be brutal, but only if you betrayed her or one of her girls. That was why she managed to become one of the leading women in Korea's crime world.

'' Why are you delivering the information instead of Mark? '' Irene asked and frowned in confusion when I pulled and envelope from my jacket, placed it on the bar and slid it towards her. She was leaning against her hand with her chin and waiting for her coffee order when I got the place. It was impossible to miss her pink fur coat in the crowd, not to mention the heart shaped sunglasses that were resting on the tip of her nose and the way she was fanning herself with cash while waiting. People were watching her in admiration and amazement, but she was completely lost in her own world and she didn't even seem to notice.

I grinned and shrugged. '' I'm not sure, but you and the rest of your girls can come off as sort of intimidating. ''

'' Intimidating? '' she repeated and used the claw ring that she was wearing on her finger, to cut open the envelope. She flashed me an innocent smile before pulling out the papers that were stuck inside and quickly scanning them. '' I don't know where he would get that idea from, but sure... How's the snake doing? Did you leave him with Mark? I feel sort of bad for him. He doesn't know how to say no and you are a professional at exploiting your friendships. ''

I shrugged once again and chuckled in amusement. '' He knew what he was getting in to when he became friends with me, but I find it kind of funny too. You people are always on your merry way when you suddenly run in to me and then your life turns in to a downward spiral. ''

Irene continued reading the information that Mark gathered for her and my smile slowly lowered. '' This is the part where you are supposed to say 'no, Mijin, you aren't that bad at all'. ''

'' No, Mijin, you aren't... '' Irene absentmindedly began, but she didn't even bother to finish her sentence.

I rolled my eyes and looked around the crowded coffee shop before saying: '' Anyway, the snake is doing fine and yes, he is going to be stuck in the apartment with Mark until he gets better. ''

'' Is that your or his excuse? '' she asked and put away the envelope that Mark prepared for her. From what I've heard, a client of Irene ran away from Incheon and made his way to Seoul. He didn't have the money to pay back the loan shark and he was hoping that she would be able to hide from her there. Mark managed to locate him with the help of CCTV cameras and now Irene had the exact address where the man was staying.