eight | hot on the trail

'' I wear my red lipstick, grab my coat and gun

wonder if this is it, it's the darkest before dawn

sometimes I wanna give in, but I just have to go on ''  

***

The sun was shining through the curtains and the warmth on my bare skin felt like a gentle caress. The smell of weed was lingering in the air and my head was resting on a comfortable pillow. Just opening my eyes for one second was enough to make me sense my pounding headache, close them again and roll on my stomach. That was when I realised four things. 

I was laying on a bed in room that I didn't recognise.

The only clothes that I was wearing were my bra and underwear.

My right arm was handcuffed to the side of the bed. 

Something was watching me from a sofa in the corner of the room and growling.

Oh God.

'' Baekhyun, why aren't you saying anything? '' 

'' You better wash that mouth with soap before you say my name again. ''

'' I didn't do anything like that... I think. Probably. Crap, I can't remember! ''

The earpiece that I was using to communicate with the mafia leader Cobra, was still stuck in my ear, but I was wearing only my bra and underwear and laying in a stranger's bed. A white dog was sitting on a sofa in the corner of the room and clearly judging me and the opened doors to the balcony revealed the view of a river. My head hurt like I drank an entire bottle of vodka last night, but I didn't feel like I did anything else. 

'' You can't remember? '' Baekhyun was clearly angry at me and he didn't even try to hide it. '' Sucks, doesn't it? ''

'' I hope I remember how to get out of handcuffs, '' I mumbled more to myself when I raised my free hand and pulled a hairpin from the mess that was my dark brown hair. I spread it apart with my teeth and stuck it in the lock of the handcuffs.

'' You two used handcuffs too? Are you trying to rub it in my face or something? Fuck, I'm going to kill Oh Sehun, '' the mafia leader clearly wasn't happy, but hearing Sehun's name made me remember some things. I groaned and put my hand on my forehead when I felt a sharp pain and images from last night started appearing in my mind. The dark club, the loud music, Sungjae's face... The memories were just short flashes of the long night and none of them were clear, but I could piece them together enough to understand what happened.

Someone drugged my drink.

Sungjae... was it him?

Who even was he?

'' Shut up, I have a massive headache and you are making it even worse, '' I mumbled, while messing around with my hairpin and the handcuffs. '' It's your own fault for sending me to do dangerous jobs like this one. ''