eleven | her name was rio

'' twenty of 'em wrapped up tight in silk

hundred dollar bill, hundred dollar bill

nothing more gorgeous than a hundred dollar bill. ''

***

***

The mafia leader Cobra was holding a gun and it was pointed at Kim Jongin, a man also known as 'the Host'.

Should I wait to see if he would shoot? Perhaps that wouldn't be the best way to find out how much he actually cared. I did see him fight people for meaningless reasons like insulting his shirt, after all.

'' Who are you? A cop? ''

The feeling of a cold gun against my temple made me snap out of my thoughts and turn my head. The fight club was crowded that night and I had no idea how this person managed to spot me between all the other people. Different fighters were sparring in the boxing rings or standing around them and training. Some of them were talking to their fans and the people who bet on them during battles. Others were gathering in groups, having a drink and chatting.

The Host Kim Jongin was in the middle of talking to one of his most prospective fighters when Baekhyun walked inside his fight club and pointed his gun at him. I thought that everyone was instantly going to try to attack Cobra and protect their home, but they didn't. The chatter and the training stopped, but they were all looking at the Host and waiting for his orders. The man who had a gun pointed to his head didn't even blink when that happened. He seemed like an intimidating person, with slicked back bright blonde hair, dangling earrings and a menacing glare. '' You might be rising back to the top, but do you really think that you can come in to my home and threaten me like this? You are in my territory, snake and I am the boss here. ''

There was no chance that he would voluntarily swear loyalty to Cobra now.

'' What are you doing? '' I mumbled to myself, completely ignoring the man that was standing by my side and pointing a gun to my head. He frowned in confusion when I turned my head and glared at Baekhyun. The mafia leader opened his mouth to say something in response to Jongin, but then he closed it again. I loudly gasped at the sight of his action and whispered: '' I can't believe it! He is actually debating with himself if I am worth losing this alliance with Jongin! ''

The man standing by my side frowned in anger and repeated his question. I looked at him again, forced a smile on my lips and pointed at Jongin and Baekhyun. '' I am that guy's guardian angel. Well, both of them actually. If I don't show up, one of them will probably try to kill the other. ''

The man's eyebrows furrowed together in confusion and he gestured at the duo that was now glaring at each other. Jongin was trying to establish his power, but Baekhyun wasn't going to bow his head, even if it was obvious that he was the one that barged in to someone else's home. '' Then why are you still standing there? ''