fifteen | ride or die

'' is it wrong?

is it wrong?

I'm making out with you while you're singing your song ''

***

White lines, expensive champagne, glimmering smiles and darkness. A whole lot of darkness, hiding right beneath the surface. That was the impression that I got from the party at the luxury hotel.

'' I know we wanted to steal the scene, but maybe we are going a little overboard. Do something. ''

'' I'm trying! I can't help it that my presence is so captivating that people stare at me even when I am doing nothing but drinking champagne! ''

'' I am pretty sure people are staring at you because you accidentally stepped on that woman's dress and made her skirt rip off in front of everybody, '' Baekhyun muttered in response and his gaze travelled around the crowded ballroom of the luxury hotel. We were surrounded by people in expensive dresses and with faces concealed by masks. Even the waiters that were carrying trays of champagne around had their faces hidden. A band was playing classical music on a small stage in the corner and there were some people dancing. At first glance, it seemed like just any other boring event, but if you looked more closely, you quickly realised that it wasn't.

The famous guests were doing lines of cocaine in bathrooms and private rooms of the building, the guards were carrying guns behind their belts and some people were making illegal business deals right there between everybody.

'' I thought that Bambam was exaggerating and trying to brag when he said that these type of events are reserved for special guests, but I can see why the security is so high. I suck when it comes to small talk, but that is not even a problem here, since ordering murders on someone and buying guns is part of the supposed meaningless chatter around here, '' I quietly hissed back at Baekhyun and looked around again. The two of us were standing somewhere on the side and trying to figure out where to put ourselves. We just got there and it was clear that we stood out from the regular crowd. '' I think my fake smile is not working. Someone is coming our way. Do something! I have zero singing abilities so I won't be able to lie that I am a famous star. I am always the one that has to do something too, so why don't you take care of the problem for once? ''

'' Fine, '' he snapped and I almost let out a startled shriek when I felt his hand on my exposed back. He pulled me closer to him, intertwined his fingers with mine and lead me in the direction of the dance floor. '' I hope you are better at tango than you are at singing. ''

'' I'm... '' I began before my foot landed on his. '' I'm really not. ''

Baekhyun cringed and shook his head. '' It's good that I am then. ''