Chapter 2

I've arrived at Ciara's all sweaty and breathless. I leaned against her car, breathing in and out and trying to calm down. Running isn't a big deal to me. I love to run, like every football player should, but right now I'm in my jeans which are very uncomfortable, and it's very hot outside. Why the fuck have I put on this jeans anyway? It's so hot outside, I'm melting. What was I thinking? I guess, I was so in a rush that I didn't have any time to realize that I'm going to melt like an fucking ice cream if I put those jeans on.

"What's the matter footballer?" - Ciara asked me as she walked out of her house.

"Don't ask!" - I answered and laughed at myself.

"Em... Desteny? Isn't it a little bit hot outside for those jeans? " - She asked while staring at me awkwardly.

"Hey! I was in a rush that I didn't realized what I was putting on." - I said hoping that's my excuse.

"Okay, I know that I'm an idiot, and right now I'm sweating like a pig." - I added and opened the door of the car.

"Hahahaha you're the queen definitely. If you want you can borrow my shorts?" - She recommended.

"No, I'll be fine. We're going to be late." - I said and got in her car.

"Okay, then let's go." - She said and got in.

"What made you change your mind about going to the game?" - She asked.

"Em...My father, he will look after my mum." - I mumbled unsurely.

"You know, we've been friends now for 2 months, and I still haven't met your parents. At least let me meet your father. " - She begged.

"Well... em... he's a busy man, he's like...super busy, busy." - I emphasized the word "busy", so she can forget about the idea of meeting my father.

"Oh, you probably sometimes miss him a lot." - She said and patted my shoulder. Oh if you only knew dear Ciara, if you only knew.

"Yeah, if you only knew how much." - I said sarcastically and gave her the fakest smile ever.

"Don't worry, he misses you as well..." - She tried to say something but I cut her off. I don't want to talk about him anymore.

"Can we just stop talking about my father? " - I literally begged her.

"As you wish hahah." - She simply answered. I know that I sounded kinda rude but I just don't like talking him, or about my life. I'll just change the subject...

"So are you excited for the game?" - I finally spoke.

"Yes! Absolutely! You?" - She said, giving me an excited smile.

"Definitely!" - I simply answered and smiled back. Soon we arrived to the stadium. The parking lot was so full that she couldn't find a place to park.

"See! This is just an another reason why we should come earlier next time!" - She spoke. Fortunately, there was some space at the end of the parking lot. Since Ciara's car isn't that big, it was enough for her to park.

"Yeah, we really have had luck this time." -I said and got out of the car.

"Hurry up! I hope we're not late." - She said and started to run. It's really funny seeing her upset like this. I started to run after her. As soon as we got to the entrance of the stadium, we gave our tickets to the man whose job was to collect them.

"We're lucky our girls have saved 2 seats for us." - Ciara said after we gave our tickets. I nodded and gave her an agreeing smile. When we got on the stands, Ciara called Kelly.