chapter 11 (last chapter)

***

***

How did I let it get this far?

Target number five, the last one to go down. 

Or was I going to be the one to go down this time?

Revenge was supposed to be sweet and it really did start off exactly according to my plans, but somewhere along the line, things went terribly wrong. Now it was at a point that I didn't think I could ever get back from. The revelation of the identity of the stalker and my fifth target left a disgusting taste in my mouth. I always knew that I was a bad person and I thought that I was fine with it, until others got dragged in the mess that I created. I didn't even want to think of what Jongin had to go through and I was planning to beg him for forgiveness once this whole thing would be over. If I would even get out alive from it anyway.

The moon was shining on the dark night sky, a slight breeze was blowing through the trees and I was hiding in the shadows. The rich neighbourhood was full of villas with nice gardens, the streets were clean and there weren't many lamps lighting up the way. It was a long walk from the subway station, but I didn't care. My brother was the only thing that was on my mind, so I kept running until I realised that I went over my own limit and had to stop at a street corner and catch my breath before I could throw up from exhaustion.

Just seeing the old villa was enough to bring back memories from a childhood that I wish I could forget. The sight of the building with broken windows and ivy covering the walls and growing around the graffiti done by delinquents, made me remember the weak person that I used to be. I thought I grew from my old self and I did, but I got worse in a completely different way and I didn't even realise it. I was stronger than before, that was true, but did that really make me any better, since my actions were driven by pain, hatred and loathing? 

I pulled my phone from my pocket and looked at the name of the caller. Baekhyun phoned me more than ten times in the past hours. I was planning to ignore him, but when I looked at my old home once again, I decided to answer. I was starting to get a bad feeling that after walking inside the building, I wouldn't come out again.

'' Where are you? '' Baekhyun's voice was serious and demanding an answer. '' Najung, where the fuck are you? ''

I forced myself to laugh back at his harsh tone. '' I just went out to get a breath of fresh air. '' 

He was a smart guy, so I knew that there was no doubt that he would figure out the truth. I just needed to buy myself a little more time. Enough to save my younger brother. Afterwards, I didn't really care what would happen.

'' Give me the phone! '' I was surprised to hear Chanyeol's voice in the background. It seemed like he woke up and now him and Baekhyun were arguing over who would get to talk to me. '' Give me the phone or I swear I will smack you right through that wall over there! Do you want to test me? Do you really want to test me? Let me answer that for you, you don't and as much as I'd love to punch you, I can't, because I know that Najung would be sad. So just give me the phone and let me talk to her. I am the one that understands people a lot better, so I'll be able to tell if she's lying or not. ''