chapter 4

***

***

I had such a hard time because of him. Life was hard because of everything that he put me through. I sometimes doubted myself even now after all these years and yet... I pitied him. Once I learned about my first target's past, I couldn't help it but to feel sorry for him.

Could I really become the bad person in this story?

The voice of one of my coworkers made me snap out of my thoughts and stop polishing a table. Soft Korean pop music was playing from the speakers, the cafe was almost completely empty and I was doing some cleaning. It gave me a chance to think about everything, but I was still completely lost. I was trying to tell myself to stick to my plan, but my conscience was trying to take me off track.

We were all humans and pain didn't give him an excuse to be a bad person.

I nodded to myself and clenched my fingers in to fists with determination. Then I grabbed the mop that was leaning against one of the chairs and started cleaning again. I heard someone enter the cafe, but I thought that my coworker was going to take their orders, so I continued my work. It turned out that the other girl believed the same as I did and we were both doing our own thing, until I heard a loud scream: '' Yah! How much longer do we have to wait to order? Do I have to speak to the manager? Perhaps shut this place down completely and make sure that none of the workers get hired anywhere else ever again? ''

My eyes slowly grew wide when I recognised the person that the annoyed voice belonged to. I heard it all the time in the past and even now, when he was getting angry and screaming at people all the time. I was used to it, but I wasn't expecting to meet him here. I turned around and there he was, Kim Junmyeon, just the one that was invading my thoughts ever since I met his former friend Yoomi. Baekhyun was sitting by his side and I wondered if he somehow brought him here on purpose. I had no idea how he could do that, but someone like him was certainly capable of that. He was smiling even in that moment and he carelessly elbowed Junmyeon. '' You are being dramatic, just like always. We have all of the time in the world to waste anyway. You know that when Jongdae says that he'll be somewhere soon, it always means that he is still at home and in his pyjamas. ''

I slowly walked closer and told myself to calm my racing heart. I was still holding on to my mop when I stopped in front of him, lightly bowed and forced a small smile on my lips. '' Good morning and welcome to our cafe. What would you like to order? ''

'' It was about damn time- '' Junmyeon began, but when he raised his head and his gaze met mine, he stopped in the middle of his sentence. This was the first time that we truly looked at each other and the sight of the confusion in his expression made my heart beat even faster.

Baekhyun's dark eyes moved towards Junmyeon, who kept staring at me in shock. '' Junmyeon, she's one of our classmates, so there's no need for you to be annoying. ''

Junmyeon suddenly smirked and murmured: '' I know who she is. I didn't know our university accepted low lives like her. She's good at pretending like she has money. ''