prologue

***

***

It was easy to let another person destroy you.

I was weak in the past, but not anymore. Now I was going to make the five individuals that ruined my life pay for their evil doings. I knew that I was not a good person, but different from them, at least I wasn't trying to pretend to be. 

What did they think when I disappeared ten years ago? 

Were they even going to recognise me after all that time?

'' You said you liked me. Why did you lie? '' 

'' Perhaps it was just to get your hopes up... Perhaps it was just because I wanted to drive to the party in a nice Ferrari or perhaps... '' I took a sip of my champagne, turned my head and smirked. My eyes glistened in the lights of the chandeliers. There was no sign of regret on my face, while the guy was glancing towards his friends in shame. '' Perhaps I really did like you until I heard what you were really hoping to get from me... I'm sorry, there's way too many other boys with nice cars in this world for me to fall for someone like you. '' 

I emptied my glass of champagne, took my purse and pushed through the crowd. I nearly tripped in my high heels before my deathly serious face twisted in to a cringe. My hand reached out towards my forehead and I shook my head in annoyance. '' Dang, the hangover is still at it. '' 

I took a deep breath, put a serious expression on my face again and started walking. 

I should've known not to come to a school party. Events like this one were boring, no matter at what age you were. Even now, when we were celebrating getting in to college, the waiters still eyed you with disapproval if they saw you drinking too much champagne. Or perhaps that was just me, since two of them caught me when I snuck in the kitchen of the nice restaurant to steal some of their delicious shrimps and stuff them in my expensive purse. They probably thought that I was crazy, but I didn't care. Shrimp was expensive these days and sometimes you just had to do what you had to do. 

I half stumbled down the stairs that lead to the area where there were a bar and a dance floor. I stopped halfway when something caught my attention. I leaned against the stairs and a smile began to creep on my face. 

Target number one spotted. 

There were five of them all together and he was the one that I almost didn't recognise. 

Kim Junmyeon, my middle school bully. 

He was standing by the bar and arguing with another guy. I couldn't really tell what they were talking about, but seeing him like this made me remember how he used to be. He was surrounded by a group of friends when I first found him and they were on their way to apply to the same university together. Everyone was laughing at his jokes and they seemed to truly enjoy his presence. It was a lot different from our young days, when people hung out with him just because of his family's money.