chapter 5

***

***

Park Chanyeol undoubtedly chose the worst day ever to start attending lectures at university.

'' Professor, can you ask Najung to silence her phone? ''

A fake smile appeared on my face when Dokyung raised her hand and spoke up. I was trying to ignore the endless buzzing in my purse and hoping that it wasn't loud enough for anyone else to hear, but it seemed like it didn't work. '' Okay, now I know that you were totally lying when you said you weren't offended for being the second choice for the promising freshman interview for the university newspaper. It really stung when you found out they asked you only because I refused, didn't it? ''

I stuck my tongue out and Dokyung glared at me before raising her arm again. '' Professor, can you ask Najung to silence her shitty prehistoric phone and her mouth? ''

Some people giggled at her second question and Miyeong couldn't help it but to chuckle too. I cringed and raised my hand. '' In my defence,  this phone it's so old that it's probably worth more than yours and it can double as a brick too, so I'd watch what I say if I were you! ''

Dokyung gasped and pretended to look scared. '' Professor, did you hear that? She just threatened me! ''

The professor ended up kicking us out of his lecture and I was so angry that I really was about to beat Dokyung with my phone, but I changed my mind when I saw the university guards eyeing us with suspicion. She grinned when she saw me give up and followed me when I turned around and started walking down the hallway instead. I glared at her and finally answered Chanyeol's fifteenth phone call. '' What is it? You just got me kicked out my lecture! This better be a news or I'm going to throw eggs at your door once I get home from school! Where did you even get my number? ''

'' You have some nerve ignoring my calls! Where I got your number? You think that I don't have any tricks of my own? I knew that you purposely gave me a fake one when I asked you, so I forced Sooho to give me your real one! '' He let out a laugh and I could imagine him shaking his head. '' I had to promise that I wouldn't admit I got it from him. ''

I scowled and mumbled: '' How is it possible that he always acts like he's scared of me, but at the same time he never listens to what I say? Anyway, what do you want? I hope you didn't actually call me just because you wanted to chat, because then I'm definitely hanging up on you. ''

Dokyung gasped and tried to pull the phone from my hand. I threateningly raised my fist and she kept trying to get it, while mocking me: '' Wow, I can't believe that you actually have more than one friend! Who is it? Is it a guy? I bet he's another loser! ''

I hit her with my hip and sent her stumbling back in her heels. That gave me a bit of an advantage and I rushed forward and pressed my phone to my ear again. Chanyeol didn't seem to hear me arguing with her and he carelessly asked: '' It's great that you got kicked out of your lecture, because now we can go eat together! I'm in front of university and you owe me for carrying you home when you got drunk last week! ''