chapter 1

***

***

Do you see that girl over there?

Yes, the one that just walked in to her university building. She is blonde in most books and movies, but this version of her has long dark hair that gets way too frizzy when it rains. She is clearly wearing way too much makeup as an attempt to hide her dark circles and it's obvious that her pink dress was straightened with the help of a flat iron. Her fake smile almost manages to hide the massive headache she is currently going through and she is keeping her head high in pride like she didn't just accidentally break two of her acrylic nails on the crowded morning bus. That girl is desperately trying to copy the typical evil queens that somehow find their way in almost every story and hoping that no one will notice how much she is failing at it. That girl is me.

I cringed and glanced towards my friend Miyeong. She was really bad at doing laundry, so she had to borrow one of my pink dresses that morning. If it wasn't for her striking orange lipstick she would look like a perfect servant friend that always tried to copy me and obeyed every word I said without a second thought. '' How does my smile look? Does it make you hate yourself or not? That's the look I'm going for. I'm hoping to make a horrible first impression on target number one and two today. ''

Miyeong turned towards me and narrowed her eyes in thought. '' More teeth. Okay, less teeth. More teeth. Narrow your eyes a little bit... Perfect! I really feel like you are radiating fakeness and disgust towards me now! Can we- ''

'' Shut up. I saw you looking at the posters for different school clubs earlier and we are not joining that Zumba class! That's way too much work. Let's just go to our lecture, because I am already bored and regretting coming here today, '' I muttered and glared at her before forcing my fake smile again and pushing through the crowded hallways of the university.

It was the first day of classes and I was in a bad mood. I spent a long time deciding how to act, perfecting my outfit and everything like that, but it wasn't enough. I didn't give enough credit to the rich people that attended this school. Here the hallways were full of girls in pretty dresses and with perfect hair, the guys were all wearing shirts and sometimes even ties and everyone rolled to the parking lot in the nicest car that they owned. Even the decoration made me feel intimidated and I almost got worried about breaking something when I slammed my locker too hard. Then I quickly reminded myself of who I was and reassured myself that there was nothing for me to worry about. It was just the first five minutes after all and I could still step up my game.

Miyeong giggled in amusement when I put on my sunglasses and walked in the lecture hall. '' Oh, you are trying to be that bitch. ''

She walked after me and happily waved at some people that glanced in our direction in curiosity. The lecture hall was still half empty and the other students were gathering in groups and chatting. It seemed like most of them already knew each other from before, so they were surprised to see two completely new faces. I ignored them, while the friendly Miyeong already stopped in front of some girl and started asking her about the books that we needed from class.