chapter 10

***

***

It was truly horrifying when I thought of how everything changed in just a day and it was all because of one person and their crazy obsession.

I was on my way home from university when the phone in my pocket suddenly buzzed. At first I didn't really think much of it, then I saw the unknown number that spelled out on the screen. It made me remember that the phone I was using wasn't even mine and I wondered if it was wrong to check the message, since it was probably meant for Chanyeol. I was having a mental debate and wondering what to do, when it buzzed once again and my eyebrows slightly furrowed together with confusion when I saw the notification on top of the screen and the beginning of the text that said: It's for you.

What exactly did that mean?

Who was the owner of the unknown number and how did they know that I was using Park Chanyeol's phone?

My heart started beating faster and my fingers were trembling when I pressed a button to open the first message. My frown even deepened when I realised that it was a video. Then I recognised the face that it was paused on and saw the text at the very bottom.

I took care of it for you, Na.

I was standing completely still at the entrance of the university and my heart was racing in my chest. Students were walking in and out the building, but no one did anything more than just glance in my direction in faint curiosity. I was trying to convince myself that things probably weren't nearly as bad as I was making them out to be in my head, but I still couldn't bring myself to press play and start the video.

In the end it was Dokyung who took care of the problem for me. I was too shaken to see her approaching from behind, but she instantly noticed that there was something wrong. A smirk appeared on her face at the sight of my horrified expression and she decided to check out what was going on and figure out a way to use it to her benefit. That was why she ripped my phone from my hands and raised it above her head. In reality, she was just messing around, but seeing the startled reaction that appeared on my face was like adding fuel to a flame. 

'' Hey, give it back! '' I screamed, started jumping up in the air and trying to get the phone from the tall girl.

She smirked and raised an eyebrow in amusement. '' Or else what? '' 

I clenched my fingers in to fists and hissed: '' Give it back or else I will rip those fake extensions out of your head and shove them down your throat. ''

She was slightly taken back by my answer and her mouth fell open in shock. '' Girl, these extensions cost more than your rent for an entire year! ''

None of us noticed that she accidentally pressed play on the video that I got on my phone until we heard the faint cries of a person that was getting beaten up with no mercy. We simultaneously froze and Dokyung's eyes slowly grew wide in shock when she recognised the voice that was begging for help. She looked at the phone and her bottom lip trembled at the sight of Jongin, who was tied to a chair and covered in blood. His head was hanging to the side and when he looked up towards the camera that was filming him, it was obvious that he was in a lot of pain and barely conscious.