chapter four | first email sent

Slowly opening my eyes, I began to wash off slumber as I tried to block the rays of sunshine that have invaded the curtains of my window. I woke up in a good mood and with a smile, unlike the other day.

Finally accepting to myself that I'd be awake now, I sat up and stretched my arms and legs as a routine, some of my bones made sounds in the process. And I find those things satisfying.

I got my phone from the nightstand, unlocking it and saw that it's already 10 am. It's ten in the morning already?!

Park Chaeyoung's flight is 11 am. I have to send her off or just take a glance at her before leaving Thailand.

I have to see her for the last time, for now, since it will be awhile before meeting her again physically.

I remembered what she said once we've arrived at my house last night.

"Lisa-ya, I mean Pokpak, don't even send me off to the airport tomorrow, arasso?" She said as she went inside my room to tuck me in bed like a kid.

"Waeyo? I want to see your face before you leave." I said and pouted.

"I just don't want to see you getting sad and getting all emotional over my departure. I might stay here for a longer time if you do that." She laughed as she said those words.

I shook my head. "Rest now, Rosè. Since you've already fixed your things this morning, you need to rest for your flight tomorrow. And, I'm still going to send you off."

I gathered all of my stuff, wore a simple hoodie that had a partner at the bottom part of my body, alongs with a cap. I did my morning routine before heading out to drive my way to the airport.

Everything was so ironic so far. Me telling Rosè that I will send her off but I overslept. God, so humiliating.

After a couple of minutes, I parked my car at the parking lot of the airport and ran as fast as I could to thr departure.

I saw a familiar figure and she began to pull her luggage and go inside. I ran and ran until I pulled her wrist, stopping her from walking inside.

"Gajima," I said while breathing heavily. "Don't go without formally saying goodbye to your dongsaeng."

We hugged each other and it felt like nothing else mattered. It felt like it was really the last moments to cherish with Park Chaeyoung. I felt a tear escape my eye and she did so too.

"Y-yah! No crying right?" She said and wiped a few tears that were escaping here eyes. "You were crying so I was crying too."

We laughed together until we heard her call.

"It's time, Lalisa. Annyeong and hwaiting! Kamsamnida for having me here in your beautfiul hometown." She said and I gave her a hug once again.

"Have a safe flight and you're welcome. Bye, Chaeyoung! And it was a pleasure." I said and waved her goodbye.

I looked at her as she was already out of my sight. I went outside and sat at the gutter for awhile. I began to feel the loneliness from within as I sat here alone.

Wiping a few tears, I heard someone speak up. "Look who's here? The great Lalisa Manoban."

"Yeri! Joy!" I welcomed them into a hug which they gladly returned. "Having a honeymoon here at Thailand?"

These are my two college friends from South Korea. They accompanied me during my whole stay there and made my college years fun.

"Yah! Don't say that, very disgusting!" Joy said and gave Yeri such look. But, they were flirting afterwards. God.

"Why are you crying? Uljima, jagiya." Joy said teasingly as she saw me rub my eyes and I playfully punched her shoulder, Yeri was just laughing at the scenario.

"Yah! Quit it out. I just sent my bestfriend off and I just felt sad." I explained and they cooed at me like a baby.

"Aww, baby Nalalisa. It's okay, let's just eat breakfast. Yeri will treat us to an all-day breakfast restaurant." Joy said and I laughed as she received such slap on the shoulder from Yeri.

"Whenever I'm with you, my wallet seemed to be always hungry. Can't you just let me be for awhile?"

We all laughed and just went to my car to go to the said restaurant, the same place where Chaeyoung and I ate after sending Bambam to the airport.

We spent the entire morning bickering at each other and teasing each other. It's not all of that, though. We did such catch up and I just discovered that Yeri and Joy were just in the same company and they have a business trip here. It was all smiles and laughter that I forgot the lonelinees that I felt on the inside.

After eating breakfast, I sent off these two crackheads to their hotel and went straight back home.

"Anybody home?" I said as I unlocked the front door but my voice just echoed. I went to the kitchen and saw a note at the refrigerator.

"Pokpak, eomma just went to your dad in South Korea because there was a problem. I'll be back in a bit. Love you!"

Great, now I'm going to be really alone now.

To wash off this sadness, I went to the bathroom inside my room to take a shower. After that, I changed into some comfortable shorts and a white shirt.

Laying on my bed and blankly staring at the ceiling, I suddenly remembered the email plan.

Should I send it to her now?

I was planning on sending the emails to her personal email because I know that no one ever contacts her there unless it was her friends and family.

Sighing out loud, I opened my phone and composed the rules of the email plan. It took a few minutes for me to make the rules, it was kinda hard to do it honestly.

Adding some finishing touches, I re-read the whole email. After reading, my fingertip was one cm away from the send button.

"I hope you'll ride along, Jennie. It's now or never." I said and pressed the send button.

Email sent successfully!

----

A/N: here we go!