chapter nine | what a day

"Yah! Aish, that was too hot. Such a pabo Lalisa."

Burning my tongue on a workday at 7 in the morning and running late for an appointment were the things that I last things wanted to have. I just felt like the world's so cruel that some of the problems were not suiting the time and situations in my life. Argh.

What a day it is today.

I slept late last night after having a movie marathon and prepared for my meeting tomorrow. Yeah, that's the Lisa way of living and surviving. Wants over needs, because we're forever young.

(A/N: that's a bop, y'all. #BuySquareUp)

So apparently, Jennie got the correct answer from yesterday's adventure. Told you, she'll get that right. Thanks to Seulgi, she sent me some pictures from their adventure yesterday and she was so freaking cute with that candid look but at the same time, she's so hot when she's giving you that serious look.

Bambam also took a picture of her secretly when she got the two boxes and flowers at night after her adventure with Seulgi, and I swear this man's like a stalker which I'm kinda thankful for sometimes.

It can get really handy, so why not.

I had the right and strong feeling about her taking a picture with the correct painting, because of one memory from the past that I'm still holding on to. When I showed her that painting, when we were young.

I remember wasting time with her after art class and staying a bit more inside, discovering each masterpiece made my artistic people.

Those were just the moments you would not want to miss out in your life, especially if you spend it with your loved ones.

Going back to reality, I was eating one ice cube to somehow heal my burnt tongue. Sighing in disbelief, why's my fate like this. I felt so annoyed right now. Getting my phone, I receieved a lot of missed calls from Bobby, knowing that today's agenda was more important than the usual work days.

I'm going to be so doomed at work today, I'm telling you.

Taking a shower after my errands from the first floor of my house and wearing my work clothes, I found myself driving to my company's building. God, this traffic's the worst!

After a couple of minutes and some strategic driving skills, I found myself entering the building, internally facepalming and marking myself as late when I got in.

I suddenly remembered that I got a meeting for today in relation of the other day's shoot. It will be like a brainstorming activity later.

Opening the meeting room and getting myself inside, eyes were kind of burning holes on my body as I prepared for the meeting.

Upon connecting my laptop on the projector, someone spoke up.

"Always late on special events? Tsk. Still your game until now, Manoban."

I just glared at her at some point but smiled annoyingly at her, which she replied by rolling her eyes. It was Yeonwoo, one of the people who kind of hates my presence.

Before entering the company, she was the well-known photographer, or was the best among the best. Her pictures were always praised by other companies. Later on, she became insecure when I came to the company to work for them.

When it was all set up, I gained my posture and greeted them all politely.

"Annyeonghaseyo, joneun Pranpriya Manoban and I'm sorry for arriving late at work. Thank you for waiting. Let us give way to the beginning of this meeting." I politely said and bowed at them, earning smiles and somehow understanding.