chapter eight | nobody compares

With the blissful rays and view of the sunrise hitting my skin and eyes at the terrace of my bedroom, I took a sip from my coffee as I sat here, adding the final touches of my project from yesterday. It was one of the most complex photoshoots I've ever had in my whole photography career, but I really had fun, despite the lack of understanding and communication with the model.

I played the morning playlist I have to match the morning vibes that I was having that time.

With my favorite thin yellow blanket placed on my shoulders, I continued to do my work even at home and noticed something about this model.

She looked stunning, a person who's worth looking for in a magazine, and gorgeous but she's nowhere near my first love, who's a supermodel named Jennie Kim.

Unexpectedly, the song Can't Take My Eyes Off You by Frankie Valli played. And everything seemed to be in slow motion.

Speaking of her, I suddenly thought about the email objectives that I finished my cup of coffee in a few moments and finished my project, directly sending it to the company's email, with my work-related email address.

Replied by the company with such compliment after a few minutes, I felt so happy for I'm literally living and working with my dream occupation. This is my passion, I guess, and I have to live with it wholeheartedly.

Closing my laptop, I looked at the notebook on my right that I always bring with me everywhere I go in replacement of my journal, which was the email objectives notebook, or the inverted séance notebook for Jennie.

If you are to ask me, where did I got the ideas from, well it's simple.

I just thought of the places that Jennie and I would go if Lisa was still alive. Like, ideas for dates. All of the places written on the notebook, was just half of the planned dates with that living mandu.

Opening the notebook, I looked at the email three notes for guidance, and I've seen the two emails crossed out. It's like a happy-sad moment for me. As much as I wanted to talk to her more, there were three emails left and surely, I'll miss having her around, even from afar.

When I was just about to ask Managernim Chahee about their schedule for today, my phone buzzed.

From: Managernim Park Sooyoung

Jennie has a day-off today, after the success of yesterday's shoot. That's the news, annyeong.

It seemed like she went out clubbing again and her tone was kind of like she has hangover. This girl, jinjja.

Thinking of an idea, I looked at my contacts once again and saw a familiar name. Kang Seulgi, one od my closest friends, college blockmate, and photography major.

Dialling her number, I began to get nervous if this was still her number but she answered in a different tone.

"The number you have dialled has a very cute owner. Please try again later."

"Seulgi-ya!" What the hell was she talking about. I knew it was her by the sound of her voice. And, it's been awhile and missing this girl's one of the list for now.

"Lalisa freaking Manoban?!" She screamed at the top of her lungs after saying that sentence. God, it's still early in the morning and she already has that kind of kinetic energy. Typical Kang Seulgi, everyone.

We did a little catch-up and it felt really good. Oh my god, thanks to my genious ass, I got to talk to my old friends from college. Also, thank God for Jennie Kim that made all of this and us together united in some way.