chapter ten | mountain situation

"Agent Kunpimook Bhuwakul, reporting for duty, sajangnim."

I heard Bambam say in a happy and excited tone as his face appeared on the screen of the phone, with headphones on and glasses on to disguise himself. This goof, jinjja. He was ready, a beanie on his head and a thick hiking jacket on his body. As promised, we facetimed each other for me to see everything that was going to happen today, and also for Jennie to be safe for I was the one who made her climb a mountain.

It was exactly 6 in the morning and he heading to this local convenience store near Bukhansan. Maybe people near him would become so annoyed  at the volume of his voice during this time in the morning.

Managermin Chahee texted me about the schedule of Jennie and she has a day-off.

"Joeun achim, Kunpimook," I said in a raspy voice for I just got out of my precious slumber. "You already know about the agenda for today so put the phone on your pocket, let me see the beauty of the surroundings."

"Let you see the beauty of this convenience store?" He teased me before putting the phone on the pocket on his left chest, with the back camera peeking. We laughed together and I saw the said place.

My heartbeat sped up once again for I saw a familiar figure when Bambam stepped inside the said store.

"Whoops, there she is." Bambam said quietly and roamed around the store with a basket on his hand. "And that guy copied my outfit. So much hate."

She looked like a little kid excited for snow. But her face looked, irritated? Anyways, I felt happy once again for she really was doing the objectives. This person really had changed. When I first met her, she was too scared to do something but now, she's willing to do something for her not to be scared from it.

"Yah! Why are you getting that drink this early? Pabo." I saw Bambam getting a bottle of beer from the store's refrigerator. "I'll drink this when I get home. Don't worry, I will not go up a mountain with a drunk soul."

I laughed at his words and he suddenly went to the same aisle as Jennie's. I laughed harder when he started to get the same facial tissue as her's. He slightly faced Jennie to somehow let me take a look at her and saw the judgmental look from the person. I swear, I've been laughing at this man for ages.

Bambam followed Jennie to the drinks section and got the same water bottle. Next, he went to the sweets section alongside Jennie, who got the same chocolates as her's, again.

"Yah, stop it. She might get irritated." I warned him and he just went to the other sections and saw Jennie going to the cashier.

"Lisa-ya, she thought the person who's been following her is the person in front of her! They got the same amount of cucumbers, by the way." Bambam said as he hid somewhere and spied at Jennie. We saw her tapping the shoulder of the man and that got my blood boil at some point. "That's what you get for copying my clothes, mister."

We're laughing together as Bambam went to another section and tried to eavesdrop on their conversation.

"Is there by chance that you are copying me or.." Bambam copied Jennie's voice as he eavesdropped a bit more. "Ani-ya. It's just that, we may have the same taste in food. That's all, I guess."

I bursted out into laughter once again as Bambam tried to copy that person's voice. This man can literally be a stand-up comedian, like jinjja.

When Bambam saw Jennie sat on the gutter, it was the time that he went to pay for his goodies for the travel. Waiting for perfect timing, he started walking to Bukhansan when Jennie was near the map already.