Part two: The Stranger

"What is a pretty girl like you doing all alone in a park this late?" I opened my eyes and he was standing above me.

"Sorry, may I ask who you are?" I rubbed my tired eyes noticing that the moon was still centered in the sky.

"Oh, I'm Keith." He said and noticed make up was running down my face. He sat beside me making himself comofortable. "And you are?"

"My name is Beth." I said quietly. Red rose through my cheeks as I looked around. I sat up as well so I could look at him closer. He had blonde, wavy hair with bangs that swept to the side under his black beanie. His eyes were crystal blue and filled with concern. He had on black skinny jeans and a grey The Color Morale shirt on.

"Well, hello there, Miss. Beth. Perhaps now you could answer my question of why you are here all alone in the middle of the night?" He smiled this sexy grin where the left side of his mouth turned upwards.

"My mother and I got into a fight and I have no where to sleep for tonight." I said wondering why I would trust this stranger.

"Well, I have some good news for you!" He said pausing to see my reaction. I stared at him trying to tell him to continue. "If you would like, you could stay with me until you can find somewhere you would rather be."

"Thank you." I said as I watched him stand up. He held his hand out for me to grab with that same damn smile on his face. I grabbed his hand and stood up beside him. He didn't let go of my hand as he started pulling me away from the playground.

"Considering the fact that you just agreed to live with a stranger, I think we should start to make it so that we are no longer strangers." We both faced forward as we walked through the black night.

"Well, I am a year eleven at Hellesdon high school." I started listing off facts.

"No way, I'm starting there this year as a year twelve!" He seemed genuinely excited to see me there.

"I really enjoy music including The Color Morale." I said so he knew I was like him.

"I could tell by your purple hair and septum." He stuck his tongue out jokingly at me.

"Is this your house?" I asked about the house we were stopped in front of.

"Yes it is." He smiled very proud. We walked up to the front porch and I stopped when he opened the door. "Aren't you going to come in?" He asked with a laugh.

"I'm going to wait until you ask your parents if I can stay." I looked towards the ground.

"I live on my own." He said with the same half of his mouth turning upward.

I followed him into the house as he shut the door on the night that was behind us.