Part seven: Goodbye?

The car ride started off very tense, neither of us daring to break the silence. Finally, he plugged his phone into the car radio and turned on the song "God Damn Liar" by Get Scared. He sang the song as loudy as he could. Finally, he spoke.

"So, where is your old house?" He kept his eyes firmly on the road.

"When you go to the traffic light and make a left. After, it will be the fourth house on the right." I said trying not to upset him further.

We drove in silence once again but we got to the house soon.

"Thank you for driving me home." I looked Keith in the eyes.

"Aren't you going to want help bringing everything back to our house?" Our house. 

"I thought I wasn't going to be allowed to say with you after everything that happened with Kenzie today." I said quietly hoping not to offend him.

"Of courseI want you to live with me hun!" He gave me his gorgeous half grin. Then, we both climbed out of the car and walked slowly to the front door. I twisted the doorknob and entered the house as quietly as possible.

"Beth?" My mother called out.

"Yes?" I replied.

"Make sure you get all of your shit out of here. I don't want any traces that you were ever here." She said from a recliner, never turning to look at me.

I walked Keith to my old bedroom which only had a few of my belongings including clothes, cds and and xbox. We shoved everything tightly into bags so they would fit in his car along with the two of us.

"These are quite nice." He grinned as he held up a lacy, black thong.

"They look a lot better on." I said trying to be cheeky. He walked around the bed so the he could stand behind me. Slowly, he wrapped his muscular arms around my waist and pressed his body against mine. I could tell he was excited by the thought.

"I have no doubt about that." He leaned down so his warm breath would brush against my neck.

We finished packing all of my things and shoved them into his car. Even though I had an amazing and attractive guy that I was living with, the lack of concern my mother had for me still stung. I was her child! When I was little my mother seemed to like me. She always went places and played with me and told me that she loved me everynight before bed.

She changed after my father died of lung cancer. He had smoked for 30 years before he died so he had to be hooked up to an oxygen tank almost constantly. Ever since, my mother and I had not been very close.

I took a final sigh and walked back into the house. Slowly, I approached the recliner my mother was sitting in and spoke.

"Mom, I know things have been rough between us for the past few years but I am your daughter. I hope that someday we'll be able to be close again but I'm leaving for now. I will have my same phone number in case you ever need anything. I love you so much mum." I leaned down and kisses her on the forhead.

"I love you too." She replied with tears in her eyes