Part 9

Recap:

"Great we'll set off tomorrow morning to the royal village." He smiles at me, and I get little butterflies in my stomach.

The royal village is the village that hold all important events. The village sends out important messages to all the other villages, so that way the king doesn't have to go to each village to make the announcement. It is a few miles away from the castle, but is the closest village to the castle. That's why it's called the royal village, it's the most important.

That night Ashton held me tight while we slept as if he was afraid I would disappear. It took me awhile to fall asleep though cause I was so excited to get outside of this castle I had been imprisoned in, only allowed to go to the beach and no where else. Though I love the beach, I was only allowed to go a couple meters then walk the other direction, so I wouldn't go to far. That's part of the reason I had guards I guess, so I wouldn't get lost or something.

I want to go to the fair because I want go other places, places I have never been to, and tomorrow is my chance. It won't be that far, only an hour trip by carriage, but it will be enough.

I would also be able to go somewhere where I would never be able to go before. Something new.

I finally fell asleep excited and ready for tomorrow.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up the next day with excitement. Ashton had left to give me time to get ready. Amelia came into the room to help me bath and help me pick out a dress. It was a golden color with beads on the chest and sleeves. Also on the front of the dress there was an open part with a lighter color, almost white but not quite. It's velvet with tight sleeve till my elbows then it turns into big, flowy sleeves.

I tried to tell her that I didn't want anything fancy, as I know people in the royal won't have the best clothes

I tried to tell her that I didn't want anything fancy, as I know people in the royal won't have the best clothes. I know they are the richest village, but still they are poor. Why are we poor anyways? Aren't countries suppose to be powerful and rich. not powerful and poor? I'll have to ask Ashton about that later, this is about to be my kingdom too, I want to know what is happening.

While she was helping me get ready to look the part of a princess (soon to be queen) we talked and laughed a lot. She didn't talk to me as if she was afraid of me because of Ashton or as her princess. Amelia talked with me like I was a normal human being and she was a normal human girl too. She is like the friend I have never had.

Once Amelia was done, she left saying the king is waiting for me downstairs. I am about to leave when I see something golden sitting on the table. It's Noah's heart shaped necklace that he gave to me. I look at it deciding wither or not to put it on.

I decide to put it on as it will match the dress but also because even though he sold me, he was the only friend I've had beside Amelia. We would have to sleep in the same place because we couldn't be a part from each other. He was an important part of my life.