Chapter 7

The next day flew by quite quickly to be honest. I didn't have Geography so I didn't have to see 'him' today. I even went on a run with Kaylee, around the field, if I do that every day I will be fit as a fiddle. Although I don't really understand that saying. I am still laughing at the fact that Libbie thinks I'm jealous of her, it is actually hilarious. Who would be jealous of her though? No one in their right mind would if I'm being truthful. She has her swoon of friends crowding round her making sure she's ok, after the 'heart break' that her beloved has asked someone else out. I find it hilarious how her little puppets are attempting to give me dead eye. Even though they have so much mascara on their eyelids that they can't even lift them back up. I bet thats why they wear sunglasses most of the time because they can't see otherwise! They look tacky though, just like their ring leader.

I went and got a sandwich and sat down next to Kaylee, we were the first ones in the dinner hall today. Libbie is getting ready at her 'friend's' dorm because she can't bare to see the one who her boyfriend likes' so I have a dorm to myself while I get ready for the karaoke which Kaylee, Hannah, and Aimee are dragging me along to.

We quickly finished our sandwiches and once again parted ways at our doors. I showered and blow dried my hair. I chose some light blue with purple tie-dye at the bottom high waisted shorts, and paired it with a sleeveless blouse, I tucked in my blouse and found a thin light blue cardigan. I found my owl earrings and necklace and put some flat ballerina pumps on. I piled my hair effortlessly on top of my head in a messy bun, finishing it with a white tie up head band. I applied a thin coat of eyeliner, mascara, and some pale pink lipstick on my lips. Finally I sprayed myself with my favorite perfume.

I walked out the door and Kaylee was dressed in some ripped jeans and a checkered shirt. We walked down to the karaoke and Libbie was there dabbing her eyes with a tissue. How pathetic can she get? Eddie saw me and smiled, I avoided eye contact with him.

My mum was the one announcing the names of who was getting up and singing, basically you put your name in and you can sing.

"And the next person singing is......" she started, looking down her list of names, "Victoria Williams!"

I was shocked, everyone was looking at me, how is my name in there? I didn't sign up for this!? I haven't had anything to do with it! Who could do this? Libbie. Hmm little did she know I could actually sing, I've been in competitions before and won. And she has entered me in this for 'revenge' well this will be fun!

The song started playing, I knew she'd pick a difficult one. She chose Adele, luckily for me I am quite alright at Adele. 'Someone Like You' burst through the speakers and I sang along through the whole song holding onto the difficult notes and putting my all into this one performance just to see the look on Libbie Lester's face when I got off this stage.

The look was priceless and I laughed right in her face, she thought I would be rubbish at this and I wasn't.