Chapter 9

That night I lay in bed and I heard Libbie come around 2 am and she was dressed in jogging gear. Why the hell was she running at 2am? I drifted back to sleep even though I was sleeping in the same room as a weirdo who runs at two o'clock in the morning. But hey ho. Thats how life goes. I think. Whenever I've heard people talking about sayings like that none them actually said that they had to share a room with someone who jogs at 2am in the morning. Strange world.

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

"You ready to meet my boyfriend then?" asked Kaylee as I shut the door behind me as I left the dorm. I decided on some light blue ripped jeans with a You Me at Six t-shirt and some red Vans. Kaylee looked excited obviously because her new bestfriend was going to meet her boyfriend. Most teenage girls think the world of their bestfriend and boyfriend so it makes sense she wants us to meet each other. I wouldn't know though because I just see lads as mates and not someone I would cuddle with, pushing each other on swings, laughing and joking with each other, etc.

We walked down into the coffee lounge and ordered our coffees. There weren't many people in there just a few smart girls doing their homework and a couple of lads sat at different tables. One of them I recognized, he's my ex-boyfriend. It wasn't a messy break up he just didn't appreciate me flirting with other lads, although he clearly didn't understand that I had to. He also said he never wanted to see me again, this is going to be slightly awkward then!

"I'm so proud of him, Justin, because when he first came here about a year ago, he walked around sobbing. He had a rough relationship, his ex-girlfriend flirted with other lads, so it was hard to build a trust with me, he's from somewhere near you! Maybe you know him," said Kaylee, I was secretly hoping she was saying her boyfriend was one of the other lads sitting in here even though I knew she wasn't. She was on about Justin Coleman. My exboyfriend. I can't believe he goes to this school, it's a relief though because when we finished he started self harming and when he didn't turn up to school rumors flew around we had run off together. Then people realized I was still there so obviously suicide rumors flew around. I didn't know what to do, I faked being ill somedays just to get out of school because I felt bad. Instead of going home though I sat on the local park, picturing the happy couples. Knowing that my brother and his girlfriend sat in this exact park. They would cuddle on the benches, hold hands while walking along the path, laughing and joking with each other. My brother and his girlfriend would stand against the big trees and hug each other. They loved each other, loved being the operative word. Now we won't witness that again, is that how all couples are? I don't know, I never will because of my promise.

I regret what I did to Justin, I regret what I do to all the lads I lead on. It never goes anywhere, but they all secretly have their hopes up that they will be the ones who stop me being a player.

We headed over to the table. I hadn't changed much so no doubt he'll recognize me which is unfortunate because now I really do have to be strong. He hasn't changed at all, still the same blonde hair swept to the side with powerful green eyes and a perfect set of teeth.

"Hey Kaylee...and...Tori," he said, he always called me Tori, he recognized me straight away, no hesitation or anything. This is killing me.

"You.. you two know each other?" asked Kaylee, slightly shocked,

"Yeah we had a little thing in the past but that's over now," I replied before Justin could say I was the one to break his heart, but he did.

"Yes, she was the one who caused me to cry endlessly for hours,"

"Look, I don't know what has happened with you two, but she's my best friend and he's my boyfriend. I'm not choosing between you two," said Kaylee.

"I'll go, its fine," I said, "Nice meeting you, I'll see you later Kay," I replied, I got up to leave. Suddenly, it was all over the school's TVs that I was the one to break Justin's heart, I don't how it got there or who found out but it was everywhere.

As I left I bumped into the person I didn't want to see...