His Toy 30

"Okay, now what's wrong with you" Danie ask picking up her fork from the napkin once the waiter that had brought their food left.

"What do you mean" Marshall's ask doing the same thing that she was doing.

"Since you don't want me to tell you that you look like shit, I'm going to put it in a nice way" Danie says putting down her fork and intertwining her fingers seating up straight on her chair leaning her elbows on the table placing her hands under her chin. "Why do you look like you haven't sleep at all Marshall?"

"I have just been stress with work, with everything that has been going on at the company" Marshall shrugs proceeding to eating.

"You're lying"

Marshall sigh finally looking up at her dropping down his knife and fork picking up the napkin that was placed by his plate to wipe his mouth.

"What's up with you Marshall, you know you can tell me anything" Danie press knowing that it never have been a problem for him to open up to her.

Marshall opens his mouth to say something but close it back up again hesitating as he look around the restaurant. Even though he knows that opening up to Danie has never been a problem for him he did not know why it was being one right now.

"Is this about Steph?" Danie ask knowing how Marshall felt about her and that she has not really been around the office much. "Marshall if this is about her, I don't know what happened between you two but you need to get your shit together and stop hurting her when your just going to feel worst afterwards "

"She was asking about Ethan, and I fricked out by accident and yelled at her. It was an accident" Marshall frown.

"I don't understand why you don't just tell her what the problem is between you and your brother to just get it over with instead of letting her become miserable between the two of you"

"I can't tell her Danie"

"Yes you can, you told me why can't you just tell her. What's so different. If you guys continue like this, she will just continue to keep running away " Danie shrugs going back to eating as Marshall watch her.

"It's not that easy you know. Just because I yelled at her about inviting Ethan to the fashion show, she left for 4 days straight and just now appeared back at my door step and you're talking about I look like shit. You should have seen her she looked worst. Lost and hurt. Now imagine what will happen to her if I ever tell her about anything that had happened in the past, the past is the past"

"If you think the past is the past and you don't want to keep hurting her, I suggest you pull out that stick that is shoved so far up your ass and try to fix things with your brother Marshall"

Marshall blink at her suggestion not really knowing what else to say to her. Pressing his lips into a thin line he lean back in his chair. It's not really easy for him to forget what had happen in the pass, it was impossible to forget it and he don't think that he will ever be able to forget.

***
Steph's Side

"Steph?" Mrs Blake calls as Steph made her way down the stair case. Her body and mind feeling empty, and she did not know if it was the fact that her body felt like it was being eaten by hunger, or the fact that her life have been turned upside down and have no idea how to fix it.

"Steph" Mrs Blake's calls again realizing that she did not hear her.

Steph's head snap up looking for the face with the voice that was calling out her name. Her eyes landing at Mrs Blake's who was standing at the bottom of the staircase looking up at her as she went down. "Yes sorry" Steph answers shaking her head as if to clear her clouded mind. Wetting her dry lips which did not help much since her mouth was dry too. She stop infront of Mrs Blake's at the bottom of the stairs.