Pity Jacket

I woke up to my alarm, dang I hate that it's the worst feeling, I turn it off and stand up to stretch.. wait... why does it smell like a bakery- oh yeah... that's right, I look down to see I'm still wearing Luke's jacket.

why do I feel so weirdly happy wearing this thing, I look in my mirror I never knew how big it looked on me but it was just cut off at my butt which is way bigger than a normal jacket should be. I look cute in it- wait what.

I get ready and leave the house, I stop after locking the front door.

should I wear his jacket to school... no that's be weird people would think... I'll just put it in my bag.

I take off his jacket, jeez it's chilly out. I should get a jacket but I don't wanna unlock the door then lock it.. you know what I'll just wear the cold.

I arrive at school to see the football team doing their early morning practice. I walk over to the field to see Jon waiting on the bleachers taking a nap most likely waiting for Luke. Guess I'll join him on waiting for Luke.

"Jon... Jon?"

"hmmm?"

"why are you sleeping on the bleachers? are you waiting for Luke?"

"yea we walk to our first class together"

his words were really shallow, most likely cause I just woke him up.

"what are, what are you doing here?"

Jon said sitting up and rubbing his eyes, I never noticed but in the light of day his eyes are bright blue, like really bright.

"waiting for Luke too"

"why?"

"I forgot to give him back his jacket last night so I'm giving it back today"

"right right... what time is it?"

"15 minutes before school should start"

"oh shit they practice should be over"

Jon stood up and yawned and waved over to Luke who was walking over here.

"you ready Jon? Oh hi Ryan what's up?"

"I'm actually here to give you your jacket back"

"Oh right, I knew something was missing this morning"

Luke laughed as me and Jon walked down to the grass to stand beside him. 

"here" I took out his jacket and gave it to him he held it and then looked at me

"it's suppose to be real cold today... wheres your jacket Ryan?"

"I uh... left it at home but like-"

"take it back"

"I can't, it's your jacket not mine, plus you don't have one if I take yours"

"yes I do, I brought one because I couldn't find my varsity one..."

oh well... now I get to be warm all day too bad for me...

"fine only because you insist." 

I took his jacket back from him and put it on, he didn't even put it on but it was still warmth and soothing, still smelt like him though.

"you look good in a varsity jacket, have you ever thought about joining the football team?"

"me? no I can't play sports there's no way in the universe I'd join a sports team, I'm more a good grades nerd kid ya know...?"

"alright Ryan, I guess whatever floats your boat"

he gave me a big smile, so smug, oh my god.... he's pretty cute.

"what's your first class Ryan?" Jon asked as we started to head to the school.

"Math"

"That's sad"

"it is."

We all chat and laugh as we enter the school and we separate, I go upstairs to math.

At lunch I try to meet up with Jon, who is sitting with Evan and Luke.

I make my way over to their table but not before getting stopped by Bryce.

"Hey wanna sit with me and Ze?"

"No actually I'm having lunch with my friends"

"Oh okay then that's fine,  see you later in English" Bryce waved me off as I walked over to Jon and them.

"Hey you made it Ryan!" 

"yea of course"

I sit down beside Luke and Jon, and wave to Evan who's sitting beside Jon.

"Ryan your still wearing Luke's jacket, why?"

"because he felt bad for me again"

"no... well.. kinda yeah"

Luke's face went a little red, he was nervous I could tell. I didn't know tough and strong guys could get nervous.

"if Ryan's always cold he should just buy his own damn jacket."

"yeah he should" Jon snickered

"I own a jacket I just forgot it this morning okay..."

everyone laughed including me, it was kinda lazy of me to not grab one whatever, at least I'm surrounded by the warmth and calming scent of Luke... wait what... what do I mean by that.... what? 

we ate lunch together and it was nice, sitting with people other than Bryce for once, it was nice. 

"So this seems like a good time to tell you and Evan this..."

Jon said as he played with his sweaters draw strings

"tell us what?" Evan asked seeing that he looked very nervous

Jon looked at Luke, and Luke just nodded and gave him the thumbs up.

"I'm a, I'm um... gay"

Jon got really tense.

"that's okay" Evan said putting his hand on Jon's shoulder, making him relax a little

"Yeah, I don't care"

"really?"

"no it's fine, I'm glad you told us"

"yeah"

"thank you guys" Jon said smiling.

the lunch bell rung and we all separated, so... Jon's gay.... Maybe I'll text him tonight asking how he knew, yeah great typical.... I'm just curios....

A/n I know it's late and I have school tmr and homework to do still but I was feeling really pumped up to write the next chapter so y'all are lucky, 3 in one day.

~Brick

follow my instagram @ Brick_Writes_Books