Chapter 2

Unedited

Stephan's POV: (This POV is extremely short for reasons.)

I wake up at 5:30 feeling my mates sadness. 

I just want to hold him and tell him everything is alright, and that I will never let anything hurt him again. I don't know my beautiful mates back round, but I know that once we are together, he will never have to face it. 

I've met him a few times. Well, not quite. I've admired him from a distance. Everyday I flirt, trying to get him to say something, but he just blushes.

I've learned his name through the Library ID. His name is Mason B. Rickel. I'm guessing his middle name is Bailey, but Mason Bailey Rickel doesn't quite sound right, but I will love him no matter what. 

Unlike most werewolves,I am not automatically in love with my mate. My wolf is, but my human side see's beauty, but want's to know him, especially why he wakes up every morning at 5:30AM with such angst. 

I am Stephan Ryder Robinson. I am the brother of the Alpha of Starstream Pack. I would become Alpha, but I don't want to. I just want my mate. I can't wait to have him as mine, in every way. Just the thought of having him beneath me, trembling, whimpering, his tight heat surrounding me...

Now I need a cold shower. 

But, even though I have alpha blood, I'm extremely lazy. So I just go back to bed until my alarm goes off at 7. I then take my shower and get ready for work. In all honesty I don't know the first thing about working in a library. I do it because I went in there once to get out of the rain when I first came here and I could smell my mate, and knew he went there often so I got a job. 

And I hate it. 

The only reason why I'm still here is because every day at 11:15 he walks threw the door, and then I flirt here and there, but then he leaves at noon. I wish I could get him to go on a date with me, or even look me in the eye, but he's scared. I can feel it. And it hurts so bad to think that my little mate went threw something so bad, that he's scared of me. I know he can feel the pull.

But something I'm happy to find out threw this job is he's gay and loves werewolves. Every single book he gets are about two men in love, or two men in love and either one or both of them are werewolves. Ever since I've found that out I couldn't get the smile off my face.

For some reason I feel like I need to step it up today. So I will ask him to go out with me. And I've been out and about and I've found exactly where I want to take him. 

Masons POV: 

I'm almost there, it's just a bit further. 

Of course I'm having a panic attack just being out in the open. Seeing as I was taken off the streets. By him. 

Then the weirdest thing happens. Once I get inside the library and he looks at me, I feel completely safe, to the point I let out a visible sigh of relief. He smiles at me, like he knows exactly what his presence does to me. 

I head to the same section as always. I'm known here from when I was a young boy, before I joined Demons. They know that I don't actually take more than a day to read them to the point where I have a tab, it has over 30 book. If any of the books with the same code as the ones I take out takes more than the time I estimated, that's when they call me at my apartment. The library and my sister are the only ones with my apartment number. And I was very reluctant to give it to them, but just as everything else I do, Lucy convinced me. 

The only problem now is that I'm 5' 3". The shelf is at least 6 1/2' tall. And I've read all the book on the lower shelves, now I need to find a way to reach the books on the very top shelf. I'm not going to climb the shelf because I've seen movies, and it's never worked before.