t h r e e

Sela woke up with a start

Sela woke up with a start. Whispers started echoing in her mind until they began to get louder. Voices screamed in her head. She raised her hands to cover her ears and try to block out the screams. Something had happened, but Sela wasn't sure what. Then the screams stopped. A single whisper gave her the answer.

"Enchantress."

Sela shot up out of her bed. Before she could do anything, she grabbed the rope and climbed as fast as she could. She snapped the rope and caught the end of it. She tied it onto the hook, creating the hammock like structure. She swung upside down and quickly closed her eyes, finding the destroyed subway station. Before she could see anymore, the door to her cell flew open. It revealed Griggs and the woman that usually brought Sela's drugs, the door banging with a loud thud.

"Hey, I didn't do anything." Sela whispered under her breath, slowly dropping to the ground. She raised her hands to show she meant no harm. The female guard held out a straight arm in front of Griggs, stopping him from attacking the woman.

"She's cooperating." The female snarled. She walked in front of Griggs and pulled her rifle off her back. Despite giving Sela the benefit of the doubt, she aimed the gun at her back as she directed out of her cell.

"Where are we going?" Sela asked, nerves wracking her body.

"Task Force X has been called." The female guard answered shortly. Sela knew she wasn't supposed to ask any questions, so she stopped.

"Can I at least know your name before I get sent off to my death?" Sela whispered, making sure Griggs couldn't hear them. The female guard tried not to smile and coughed to hide her smile. She roughly jabbed Sela in the back to cover herself.

"Maria." The guard whispered. She smiled secretly before standing up straight and nodding towards the doorway. "This is where you follow the rest of the prisoners." Maria nodded once as Sela stepped into line. Sela smiled back at the guard. Then she turned and focused on the people in lab coats. She didn't question it as they raised a needle up to her throat. A man stepped forward, ready to grab her to inject her with whatever they were putting in her throat. Before he could get any closer, Sela tilted her head to give the man with a needle better access to her neck. They didn't question it, injecting something into her neck. Sela quickly glanced behind her to see she was the last one to get the injection.

"Can I ask what that is?" She asked. Her voice was polite, almost velvety and sweet. The man with the needle looked at his coworker and shrugged. He looked back at Sela to answer her question.

"It's a nanite. There's enough power to blow off your head. Good luck out there." The second man chuckled as Sela smiled and ran to catch up with the other criminals.

She stepped into an opening, looking around at everyone that was locked up. A man with a bunch of tattoos, a crocodile looking man, a girl with two ponytails that were different colors, and Floyd. The hit man smiled at Sela, earning a smile in return. He glanced down at the handcuffs on her wrist, bringing her to look at them as well. She tilted her head to the side and raising her arms to get a good look at them again.