e i g h t

Sela waited outside with the rest of the SEALs, her arms crossed over her chest and a scowl on her lips

Sela waited outside with the rest of the SEALs, her arms crossed over her chest and a scowl on her lips. She looked irritated and tired. Despite that, Rick made his way over and stood beside her. She waited for him to speak, not bothering to start up the conversation she knew he was dying to have. He gave the SEALs their orders before turning to her. Sela avoided eye contact, watching as the rest of the Squad was beginning to leave the bar.

"Sela, please talk to me."

"Why should I?" She asked, not trying to be rude. She had no right, she told herself. She was the one who told him to forget about her. "Life's been better without me, hasn't it?" The question was rhetorical. But that didn't mean Rick was going to ignore it.

"Not really, no." He laughed, following her gaze to where she watched the Squad waiting outside the bar. Harley and Floyd stood there, stalling the team. Harley caught Sela's eye and winked, a crazy wide grin on her lips. Sela scowled before turning back to Rick.

"What could we possibly have to talk about, Rick?" Sela asked softly. "I left. You moved on. There's nothing left to talk about. What do you expect from me?" Rick shook his head as Sela tried to brush past him to get back to the team. He reached out, grabbing her wrist before she could get too far.

"I still love you."

Sela laughed harshly, ripping her arm from his grasp and glaring at him. A smile was painted on her lips, poisonous and angry. Her eyes were wide in surprise. A dark green swirl circled her irises, containing the natural dark brown. Her hair fluttered in the wind, flying back from her shoulders.

"You're just saying that because you don't know what else to say." Sela denied, shaking her head. "You haven't seen me in two years, and you're surprised to even see me now. Besides, how could you? You have a beautiful girlfriend, who I'm sure loves you. Don't do this to yourself, Rick. Believe me, I've been through this enough times to know."

Sela shook her head with a forced smile and turned around. She wasn't going to deal with this angsty love bullshit when there was a witch terrorizing Midway City.

"We have somewhere to be, Rick." Sela reminded him as she walked back to her friends. "Don't forget we're saving your girlfriend."

It didn't take them long to meet back up with the SEALs. Harley and Sela were linked arm in arm, basically connected at the hip. They walked the entire way to the railway station, whispering back and forth. It didn't seem to matter to Sela anymore as she smiled the entire time.

"So, you gonna murder the girlfriend?" Harley giggled. Sela nudged her roughly, sending her a little off to the side. She gave the clown a look and scowled.

"I'm not a murderer, Harls." Sela laughed under her breath. "Besides, why should I? He's obviously very happy with her, given the fact that he's saving her. I can't give him that." Harley pouted, her facial expression over exaggerated like usual. Sela rolled her eyes as the woman tried to convince her.