n i n e

"I'll do it!" Chato yelled over all the chaos. Sela could barely hear him as she kept her brother occupied. "I'll get him there!"

Sela kept her sword raised, blocking another hit from her brother as he lunged at her. He tore the sword from her grasp and sent it flying across the station. Sela moved to call it back to her when Incubus wrapped his arm around her neck. Sela gasped for breath as she was pressed against his chest. She clawed at his arm, her eyes wide.

"Brother," Sela begged in their native tongue, her voice weak from the lack of oxygen. "Please. I can't... I can't breathe..." Sela struggled in his grasp, her nails digging into what would've been his skin. With a final deep breath that she didn't have, Sela dropped limp. She could hear a scream from where she last saw the team, a familiar yell.

Sela fell to the ground in a lifeless pile, her eyes squeezed tight. She could feel Incubus' heavy footsteps pound against the ground as he passed her, ready to get to the family Sela had made. Before he could get far, Sela sprung to her feet and threw her hands out in front of her. The vines soared from her hands and wrapped around her brother, pinning his arms to his sides.

"I can't believe you fell for that again," Sela quipped with a sly smirk on her lips. Incubus snarled, ripping the vines as he freed his arms from the restraints. Sela twisted her wrist quickly, watching as dark green ribbons floated around him. He seemed to realize what was happening, ignoring the ribbons and sending a vine of his own straight for Sela. She gasped, dropping her magic and ducking.

"Over here!" Chato's voice screamed, stealing Incubus' attention away from Sela. The god turned to see the tattooed man standing in front of him. Flames surrounded Incubus, burning him. He roared in pain and pushed through it. Sela grimaced at the sound of her brother in pain but ignored it. The god sent a kick at Chato, the man flying away from Incubus and crashing through a small office window. Sela scowled and whipped a vine at his head.

Incubus slowly turned to see his sister standing with a glare. He moved to send her flying again when a roar interrupted them. Sela's eyes widened in shock as she stared at the giant Aztec figure. Her heart beat in her chest as she realized it was Chato. He looked like one of the gods.

"It's on bitch!" Chato yelled, matching their language. Sela blinked as quickly as she could to pull herself back down to reality.

Chato sent a tunnel of fire straight at Incubus, catching the god off guard. Sela assisted, sending her dark green magic into her brother's skin. He roared in pain and tried to fight back. But Chato was there before he could land a hit. Fire licked at his armor and beneath it, burning his skin. Chato struck with his own hits, a right hook here and a left punch there. Sela backed away, tired and defeated.

"Drive him into the corner!"

Chato cornered the god, sending blast after blast of fire. Sela watched with a teary scowl, trying to push her feelings down. This wasn't her brother anymore, not the man she remembered. This was a tyrant, a terrorist. But she couldn't help it as she watched Chato push him into the corner.