Episode One: Pilot

Unedited

The comic above is NOT mine

The foul stench of the cell didn't bother the young occupant. He was used to it, for he had been in this cell for four months. He would never say, he was thankful that they let his pet Raccoon, Rudiger stay with him.

Rudiger gave Varian some company and helped him hold onto his sanity, just barely. Varian grinned as he played connect the dots on the ceiling. Just using his finger to connect them.

"And that one makes a squiggle box." He said with a small laugh, getting a chitter in response. A loud bang on the door caused Varian to jump up.

"Lights out" The guard commanded before continuing on his path.

Varian groaned as he laid back down onto the uncomfortable bed of the cell. He turned to his side, the most comfortable position he could get in with the chains around his wrist.

He laid there for a while. Rudiger was curled up in a ball on Varian's head. It was dark in the cell and the moon was gone, so no light entered the cell, making sleep come easily.

Varian closes his eyes and drifted off to a deep sleep.

"Fraud!"

"Lies!"

"Traitor!"

"It's all your fault!"

"Why did you do it?"

"You trapped your dad!"

"Why don't you kill yourself?"

"You're worthless!"

"FREAK!"

Those words echoed throughout the sleeping child's head. He clenched his fist as darkness filled the room.

Varian awoke to the sound of a door opening. He turned over and looked at the door. The Queen, Arianna stood there, the look in her eyes was unbearable to Varian. He didn't need her pity.

Varian turned away from her with a scoff. "What do you what?" He said, poison in his voice.

"Varian..." Arianna started, before stopping.

"Well?" Varian growled.

"I want to help you"

"I don't need help."

There was a moment of silence before Arianna responded.

"I'm going to try, even if you don't want it." She said kneeling down next to his bed.

"You're wasting your time." Varian spat. "Don't you have queenly duties to get to."

Arianna places her hand on Varian's shoulder. In response he yanked away from her, turning to face her. A glare pointed at the Queen. "Varian, please"

"Begging? I thought that was below you, your highness" Varian responded, a smirk tugged on his mouth.

Arianna looked at Varian once more. She stood up and exited the cell, that locked once she left. Arianna's visits went on for a couple of weeks.