Episode Five: Losing Track

"No!" Rapunzel's fist banged against the rocks keeping her from reaching Varian.

"Blondie"

"No! Varian!" Rapunzel shouted ignoring everything around her.

Eugene stepped forward and wrapped his arms around Rapunzel. "We will find him."

"H-he looked so scared" Rapunzel said softly. "He needs us."

"And we will will be there for him" Cassandra said placing a hand on Rapunzel's shoulder.

Varian entered the small cave again, punching his fist against the wall in frustration. "Rudiger, why did you get them?!" He exclaimed to nothing. "Now you have my scent and they will be able to find me anywhere!"

Varian punched the wall again, ignoring the pain bursting through his hand. When an idea hit him.

"Sorry, Rudiger. But I can't have you leading them to me." Varian sighed opening his bag and started to get to work.

Varian pulled his shirt above his head and threw it into the fire. He had went into a different village earlier and took a pair of clothes to wear. He got a plain green shirt and a pair of pants on. He had to throw away his apron but got a new bag. After destroying his clothes he stomped out the fire and slowly eased his way into the nearby river.

The coldness of the river froze Varian, but he kept on moving. Varian got to where it reached his waist, he dunked himself under the water getting the grin out of his dim glowing blue hair. That seemed to be getting its natural color back. He also washed off blood from wounds.

Varian exited the water and grabbed a small vile from the fire and dumped on himself, in hopes of removing his scent. He knew that he would have to make more and place it on since a body naturally generates it's on scent and he can't change that, but he could cover it up with a different smell.

Once finished Varian packed up his stuff and started on his way. To figure what has happened to him he would have to go to the Dark Kingdom. It was the most likely place to find answers.

Rapunzel stared at Rudiger Who was standing over a pile of logs. Slightly freaking out. "What's going on?" Eugene exclaimed

"I think he lost Varian's scent." Rapunzel answered

"You mean we lost him?!" Eugene cried out.

"Yeah, But did you see his hair?" Cassandra interrupted. "It was like yours"

Rapunzel was quiet for a moment. "I think I know where he's going."

And done

Yeah I know, short chapter but it's a bit easier that way for me. I'll try to make longer chapters later on.

Chapterly Questions

1) What should happen later on in this story

2) Should I give Varian I bit more power then just controlling the rocks?

3) Anything specific you want to happen