Episode Four: Varian's Lab

Drawing above is mine. I did tell you I would draw and show you an example of what Rapunzel's painting look likes.

Varian pushed himself against the wall, deciding he would go back the way he came. Varian nodded and turned towards the way he can from only to see a certain blonde haired princess.

Varian slipped back into the shadows. He was surrounded.

Varian froze as something fuzzy ran up his side and onto his head. Varian looked up and heard a familiar chitter. "Rudiger"

"Varian?"

"Crap!"

Varian stood up starling Rudiger and causing him to fall off. Varian ran down the alley towards Eugene and the guards. He didn't know what he was doing but he did know he needed to get into his lab.

Blue rocks sprouted behind him as he ran. His eyes trained in Eugene and a few guards, they started to notice him. Most of them froze in shock not knowing what to do.

Varian got close enough, he closed his eyes and the world seemed to slow down. Underneath his foot a rock began to sprout launching him into the air and above Eugene and the guards.

Varian landed on the ground and time returned to normal. The guards shouted at orders as Eugene moved to help Rapunzel. Cassandra ran around the corner of the building spotting the hooded figure run into the lab.

"He's in there!" She shouted moving towards the building. Trying to dodge the blue rocks sprouting around the lab.

Varian made it down to his lab. He set up a round of security to keep everyone out. He turned and looked at his lab. Varian sighed before running to drawers and pulling out a blue potion.

Varian pulled the top off and brought the glass to his mouth, when the door banged out and purple smoke shoot filling the room.

Varian could hear coughing and when the smoke disappeared, he spotted Rapunzel, Cassandra, and Eugene all trapped in purple essence.

"Stop!" Rapunzel shouted staring at the hooded figure.

Varian turned away from her. She couldn't be sure it was him. He brought the glass back up to his lips, ready to end it all. One drop landed in his mouth, before something wrapped around his wrist and yanked him down shattering the potion.

Varian's hood fell down and he looked up at Rapunzel glaring at her.

"V-varian?" Rapunzel froze, giving Varian enough time to pull her hair off his wrist. He slowly stood up ignoring the jolting pain going through his body. From both the glass and the potion.

Varian turned away from her again grabbing a nearby bag. If he couldn't end it, he might as well take back his alchemy supplies. Varian picked up her lab equipment and placed it gently in his bag.

"Varian? What are you doing?" Cassandra asked struggling to get out of the goop.

"Since when does it matter to you." Varian scoffed, looking at the amber that his father was trapped in.

"Varian"

Varian slid his bag over his shoulder and started to walk away.

"You can't just leave us here!" Eugene shouted causing Varian to stop.

"Don't worry, I have an antidote timed to go off as soon as I leave." Varian replied darkly, before walking out of the door.

Varian walked far down the hill towards the forests before the back door to his lab banged open. "VARIAN!"

Rapunzel ran down the hill after the boy. He sighed and kept on walking, not caring that she was going after him.

His eyes glowed a brighter blue. Black rocks began to sprout up stopping Rapunzel from getting him. Varian glanced behind him at the trapped princess, before disappearing into the forest

"VARIAN!!!"

It's short yeah I know, and it's late. Sorry just been kind of struggling for awhile. Emotionally kind of struggling, but I'm feeling better and writing this helped me.

Well I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter.

Chapterly questions

1) what do you want to see in this story?

2) any recommendations for later chapters?

Thanks for reading and your suggestions and opinions are wanted!

❤️ Fandom_is_life_