Chapter 6 - Teamwork

"Chai Ti what?" Ulric asked.
"We'll show ya!" Rai growled as purple light surrounded him and black stripes appeared on his face and arms.
The rest of the group began to transform the same way. Stripes also appeared on them, their hair grew a little longer and messier, and they seemed to look a little older, wiser, and angrier — just like tigers.

 Stripes also appeared on them, their hair grew a little longer and messier, and they seemed to look a little older, wiser, and angrier — just like tigers

"May the power of the Tai Chi One Thousand give us strength!" they called out together.
"Woah! That's major!" Lucky commented, then grunted as the Buffoon added pressure onto the girls. "A little help?!"
Donha immediately helped the girls push back the Buffoon's fist. The others also dashed under the gigantic hand and helped them hold it up.
"On a count of three!" Breeze commanded.
"One," Rai began.
"Two," Sunny continued.
"Three!" Tori squealed.
They pushed on the fist hard, and sent it flying back onto the owner's face.
"BUFFOON...!" the Buffoon grumbled, rubbing its blue nose.
Breeze and Finn's eyes met.
"Thanks for your help," she smiled.
Finn didn't smile, but simply nodded back.
"Oh yeah! Let's see what you got, kid!" Sunny cheered to Rai.
"Okay then!" Rai smirked, taking a card out of his deck and sliding it through an activator, which looked like a red tiger-themed cellphone.
"Tai Chi Hwa! FIRE!" he yelled as a fiery symbol representing fire appeared above him, as if scribbled on by an invisible golden-ink pen.

A laser of flames shot out from the symbol toward the Buffoon. Unfortunately, the Buffoon fanned it away simply with his hands.
"BOO HOO HOO!" it taunted as it dashed at Rai.
"Oh boy, I made it mad!" Rai jumped out of the way as the Buffoon swung its fist at him.
"Fine, I'll just try this!" he swiped out another card and was about to use it, until Candy hopped up in front of him.
"Wait! Since you and Sunny use fire for your attacks, you can combine your powers with Sunny's Sparkle Fire!" she suggested.
"Hmm... not a bad idea!" Sunny walked up next to Rai.
"Yeah, let's try it!" Rai agreed.
Sunny jumped up.

"Glitter Force! Sparkle

"Glitter Force! Sparkle... FIRE!" she yelled as she spiked a ball of fire at the Buffoon.
"Tai Chi Hwa! FIRE!" Rai slid his fire Tai Chi again, creating the Hwa symbol.
The attacks combined into one huge flame, which darted toward the Buffoon. It hit the Buffoon smack in the face before it could counter the attack.
"OOF!"
"Nice one!" Sunny complimented Rai, who chuckled in response. They gave each other a fist bump.
"Oh! Oh! I wanna try!" Tori raised his hand and jumped up and down again.
"Do you have any lightning powers by any chance?" Peace shuffled up to Tori and asked shyly.
"No, but maybe we can try something else!" Tori skipped up to Peace and whispered something into her ear.
Peace's nervous expression changed slowly to an expression of mischief, matching Tori's.
They both snickered.
"Let's do this," Peace stepped in front of the Buffoon confidently, along with Tori.
"Hey, come and get us, you clown!" Peace called out, waving her arms up and down.
Tori started making silly faces, stretching his mouth and sticking out his tongue.
"BUFFOON WILL GET YOU!" the Buffoon thundered toward them.
"Tai Chi Hwal! Slip and fall!" Tori slid a card through his activator.

(Pretend the Dragonoid robots aren't there XD)A thin layer of ice covered the ground in front of the Buffoon, and when it stepped foot on the ice, it yelled comically as it slipped

A thin layer of ice covered the ground in front of the Buffoon, and when it stepped foot on the ice, it yelled comically as it slipped.
"Sena! Use your Chun card! Quick!" Tori called.
"I don't like where this is going, but... I'll do it," Sena reluctantly took out a card and activator of her own.
"Tai Chi Chun! Stream!"

A blue symbol appeared above her, summoning a flood at the Buffoon and drenching it

"BUFFOON?!" it raged as it got up, soaking wet.
"My turn!" Peace squealed. "Glitter Force!" As she did a peace sign in the air, lightning thundered close by, making her squeak in surprise. Despite that, she continued.

 Despite that, she continued

"Sparkle... LIGHTNING!"
A trail of lightning found its way through the water left from Sena's attack, intensifying the lightning as it reached the Buffoon.
"O-O-O-OOF!" it stuttered as it got zapped.
Tori and Peace laughed as they gave each other a high five. Tori offered one to Sena, who crossed her arms at first, then returned it softly with a ghost of a smile on her face. Seeing this, Tori did his signature bubbly giggle.
"C'mon, Buffoon, you're better than this!!!" Ulric growled. "Do that cool Tai Chi thing again!"
"BUFFOON... TAI CHI-"
"So, we meet again..." someone spoke from behind Ulric.
"Who's there?!" Ulric spun around to see a man in armor as silver as his long hair. Rai recognized him at once.
"Luka!"