Chapter 10 - Another Encounter

It has been a few days since the battle with Luka and Ulric. Although they already found the missing Tai Chi card, Komorka allowed the Chasers to stay a little longer in school to hang out with their new friends. Komorka agreed that it would be suspicious for five new students to move into a new school for only a day.
"So how did you guys earn your powers?" Sena asked Emily.
"It's kind of a long story... Ulric is one of four goons working to revive their master, Nogo, to bring about a bad ending in Candy's world, Jubiland, along with our world. With the help of Candy, we have been chosen to stop Nogo's goons and revive Queen Euphoria to save Jubiland!" Emily explained, with much enthusiasm at the end.
"And it came with free dresses!" Lily beamed.
"And powers!" Kelsey added.
"Anyway, how did you get your abilities?" April asked the Chasers through a mouthful of snacks.
"Umm..." Rai laughed nervously. He didn't want to be reminded about how he lost his mom and house the day he learned he was a Tigeroid.
"It's also a long story," Sena said. "The Tigeroids and Dragonoids used to live in peace together in their world, Suhn. They shared the Tai Chi One Thousand, each side keeping five hundred cards. Peace reigned for a while, until the Dragonoids decided to steal the Tigeroids' five hundred cards for themselves. They didn't succeed, since the cards were scattered across the universe, but now we're in war, trying to find the missing Tai Chi characters before they do."
"That must be some intense war," Emily commented.
"Both of our battles are intense, which is why I think we should continue working together and fighting alongside each other," Chloe smiled.
"Yeah! We make a very good team," Kelsey grinned at Rai.
Rai returned her grin, despite the thoughts that were disturbing him. He knew his team wasn't staying in school for long. But the girls looked so happy to have new friends around...
When do I tell them?
A stranger's voice snapped him out of it.
"Did someone mention cards?"
Rascal floated above the group, shuffling a deck of cards.
"I have plenty that I'm willing to share!"
"Rascal!" Candy screamed.
"Is he another goon or something?" Donha asked, still munching on his food.
"Yeah! And he's got company!" Kelsey warned as two other goons on hovering platforms glided to either side of Rascal.

"It's Ave and Garnia!" Rai growled

"Is this the 'Glitter Force'? How pathetic! They're just a bunch of school girls!" Ave cackled.
"And are these the 'Tai Chi Chasers'? They seem like toddlers to me!" Rascal chimed in.
"Will you two cut it out?! I wanna crush 'em already!" Garnia raised his oversized hammer threateningly.
"They both sound identical," Lily said to herself, pointing out Ave and Rascal.
"And he looks a lot like Brute," Emily looked at Garnia.
"Now, to prevent any other human interference..." Rascal quickly opened an empty book in one hand, crushed a black ink container in the other, and smudged the pages with pitch-black paint. Immediately, the skies turned into a somber purple. The surrounding students were no longer looking at the strange goons in horror, but staring at the floor, weeping silently to themselves.
"Danger! Danger!!!" Hak's voice called hurriedly. Sena, again, opened her locating device, which projected Hak. "I sense negative energy coming from-"
"We know!" Rai yelled.
"You know the drill! Transform and battle these baddies!" Candy squeaked.
"What are we waiting for? Let's show these goons what we're made of!" Kelsey took out her Glitter Pact. The rest of the girls followed suit.
"All together! Glitter Force Makeover!"
A purple aura surrounded the Chasers as stripes appeared on them once again.
After the group of kids finished, Ave burst out laughing at the Glitter Force's new appearance.
"Even more pathetic! Okay, enough fooling around! Let's get down to business!" Ave cracked his whip.
"You know the plan," Rascal widely grinned at his new allies as he took out a yellow bauble from his hat.
As he threw it up, the three villains called out,
"Buffoon! COME ON DOWN!"