Chapter 13 - Farewell

Everything cleared, and the team undid their transformations.
"Outrageous! I thought you said the malice card would surely wipe them out!" Rascal scowled at Ave.
"Well, your Buffoon was useless!" Ave hissed back.
"Oh, I thought I'd never see you again!" Garnia wept as he embraced his back-to-normal hammer.
"You're the one who is useless!" Rascal belted at Ave.
"Hmph! See you never, my friend!" Ave crossed his arms and flew off into the distance on his floating platform. Rascal simply teleported away in a huff. Garnia followed Ave, looking a little more satisfied than he usually did after a defeat.
Shortly afterwards, everyone around them started to wake up. The skies turned back to a peaceful light blue.
"We did it!" Rai cheered.
"Again!" Kelsey added.
Once again, everyone celebrated and exchanged high fives and fist bumps. Finn and Chloe watched them from a distance.
"Another victory," Chloe smiled warmly. "But this time, we had a lot of help. It's great to have you on the team."
Finn neither smiled back nor spoke. He continued to watch the others in silence.
"Is something wrong?" Chloe looked at him, concerned.
"Too bad it won't always be like this," Finn responded simply.
"What do you mean?"
"We're leaving tomorrow."

It was the day the Chasers were taking off. The students at school had already said their goodbyes to them that afternoon. The girls were told the location of the Tiger Airship and to meet at sunset, when it would be more difficult for others to spot the airship in the sky.
"Like it?" Rai grinned.
"That's one cool airplane!" Kelsey beamed up at it.
"I am its pilot!" Hak stated proudly. He didn't have to be projected from a device anymore.
"I want to see what's inside!" Candy begged Emily.
"I'm sorry, but we can't stay very long, Candy," Emily smiled sadly at her pixie friend.
"Aww, okay..." Candy sighed.
"Hey, at least you made a new friend!" April looked at Hak.
"Oh yeah, that's right!" Candy hopped over to Hak, who was glad to have a friend his size, and started to chat with him.
"Too bad you have to leave already," Lily sighed.
"Yeah, sorry for not telling you earlier," Sena said guiltily.
Emily thought for a bit, then beamed and said, "We can call them with the Phone Glitter Charm anytime, though!"
"Good idea," Sena agreed. "I'll connect your charm with my locator..."
"Are you sure you have to go?" Lily looked at the Chasers a little desperately.
"The lost Tai Chi could be anywhere, so we're always on the move," Tori replied.
Lily looked down, her lip quivering as if she was trying not to cry.
"Cheer up, Lily! I'm sure we'll meet again," Donha put a hand on her shoulder reassuringly. Her eyes only flooded more with tears.
"I'm going to miss you...!" Lily sobbed, wrapping her arms around Tori and Donha.
After their temporary shock, Donha smiled and patted her head, while Tori put an arm around her, lifting his glasses slightly to wipe his eye with his free hand.
"So dramatic, you two," Kelsey smirked at Lily and Tori.
"Shush, they're having a moment," April hissed.
"So, I guess this is good bye," Chloe looked at the warm sunset with Finn. Then, they both faced each other.
Chloe held out her hand for a handshake. To her surprise, Finn smiled slightly as he offered her a high five instead. She slowly returned his smile and gave him a rather soft high five.
"Chasers," an elderly voice called. "It's time."
"Already, Komorka?!" Rai groaned.
"I'm afraid so," Komorka frowned, then smiled at the girls. "Thank you for helping the Chasers with their quest."
"No problem, Miss!" Emily gave her a thumbs up.
Hak walked over to the back entrance of the ship and next to Komorka.
"Well, you heard her. Let's get going!" he called.
"Well, it was nice to meet you," Chloe told Finn. He nodded, then, without hesitation, walked toward the entrance.
Lily finally let go of Donha and Tori, sniffling and wiping away her tears with her sleeve. Donha gave her two pats on the back and headed to the entrance, with Tori following. Sena smiled at Emily and turned around to follow the others. Rai grinned and gave Kelsey one last fist bump before joining his teammates.
When the Chasers reached the interior of the airship, the gigantic door to the entrance began to close up. Everyone started to wave and scream their farewells.
Lily was wailing goodbye, crying buckets. Emily soon started to join her. April and Kelsey, as well as Tori and Rai, called out and waved their arms high in the air, as the door closing upwards was starting to block the Chasers from view. Chloe, Sena, and Donha politely and calmly waved. Finn simply looked away, crossing his arms.
The door finally closed.
Shortly afterward, the airship had lifted itself off the ground and flew into the dazzling sunset, growing smaller and smaller until it disappeared into the darkening sky.

THE END