Memories never Die (Part 2)

Not wasting another second, he paced out the door. The girls found it weird, but then didn't have time to think on that, and concentration their files while Sakshi started searching for another case...

**************************************************************

In a lone corner of the office, Shree came running. Removing his spectacles he burst out crying as he drifted into the past...

Flashback

Hospital room - Riya Mukherjee had been given a 10 day hospital stay for her stunt in the money van security case. It had hardly been a few hours but she was already bored. The door opened and she smiled pleased to have some company but instead was greeted by a session of scolding from her best friend...after 15 minutes, he grew tired and sat down near her bed. She passed him a glass of water and he drank till the last drop.

Riya: ho gaya?

Shree: ha!

Riya: thank God!

Shree: sahi kaha tune thank God! Warna tu unhi ke paas hoti

Riya: tu phir shuru ho gaya?

Shree: tu kaand hi aise karti hai aur teri problem kya hai meri maa? Gun show piece ke liye nahi di sarkaar ne hume

Riya: are yaar! Main koshish karti hun par...par pata nahi, main gun taan bhi deti hun par mujhse trigger nahi dabta

Shree: kisi din tere trigger na dabane ki wajah se tera trigger off ho gaya toh?

Riya: are tu kyun itni chinta karta hai? agar main mar gayi na toh chudail bankar tere piche aaungi, itni aasani se tera piche nahi chodungi samjhe?

Shree: nahi!

Riya: kya nahi?

Shree: tu chudail nahi banegi (Riya confuse hoti hai) agar aisa hota bhi haina toh tu pari banegi

Riya(hugging him around his neck): so sweet!!!

Shree: ya...ya I know, thoda dur reh warna diabetes ho jaayegi

And both burst out laughing

Flashback Ends

Shree mv "kidhar hai tu? Pari nahi toh chudail ban ja...I don't mind...bas waapas aa jaa. Tujhe pata hai doctor ne kya kaha? doctor ne bola agar tu ek mahine ke andar hosh main nahi aayi toh hum tujhe jaane dena padega"

Fresh tears rolled down his face...she had been the light of his life, no...he didn't have any romantic feelings for her but she had a place in the core of his heart. He had known her since high school, she was the first true friend he had had. The incident had left a deep impact on him maybe more because he had never seen a loved one leave in front of eyes before while he helplessly watched...

Chotu on the other hand had rushed to washroom, wiping his tears and washing his face he remembered the Sunday before the fateful day

Flashback

Shopping mall - Riya had finally convinced Chotu to speak up to his miss 11:30. Reaching on time. Chotu pretended to browse through the supermarket searching for his love. Spotting her at the end of the aisle he approached her. The girl shied away, she had been aware of the 6ft. guy constantly stealing glance at her every week. Truth be told even she came at the same to see him.

But staying so close Chotu couldn't muster up the courage to speak and continue to dawdle nearby. Riya hiding not much far glared at him to speak. Taking a deep breath Chotu tried to speak

Chotu: um...hello

Ladki(shyly): hello

Chotu: woh... umm main aksar aapko yaha dekhta hun