9 11 / A light in the Darkness

I opened the glass door and entered the police station. I was immediately greeted by Petra, her red hair pulled back into a ponytail which jogged my memory. A smirk grew on her face.

"Forgot again hmn?" She said, a hint of playfulness in her tone. I sighed, slowly nodding. She started rummaging through her drawers and pulled out a rubber band. She tossed it over to me which I caught and (after taking off my hat) I instantly started putting my hair in a low bun.

I watched as she shut the drawer back and sat down in her black office chair. "Now that's two you owe me," She said fixing her navy blue hat. I nodded and started heading to my office. It technically wasn't mine I shared it with my partner in crime in fact!

As I walked down the corridor I happened to see Axel walking by eating a sprinkled donut. I waved at him and he waved back. I stopped at office 24 and knocked twice on the door.

"Its open!"

I opened the door and saw Olivia hair in a bun, uniform a little bit wrinkled, and eyes glued to her desktop computer.

"Your partner's on a donut spree, again." I said, holding back a chuckle. She sighed, putting her cap on the oak desk, "I know," She said taking her eyes off the computer and looking at me.

"What case are you working on?" I asked. "Homicide investigation," She replied, bluntly shaking her head a little bit.

"Oh...okay guess I'll leave ya to it then," I said turning around heading for the door. I stopped when I heard her voice, "Can you get Axel for me while your at it?" She asked.

"Sure thing," I said. "Thanks Jesse." She said, turning her attention to the computer screen. I continued walking closing the door behind me. I scanned my surroundings, looking for Axel. I saw him talking to Petra in a hushed voice, donut still in hand.

I walked over to him, tapping his shoulder. His attention snapped over to me and I said one word, "Olivia." He nodded and I walked over to my office opening the door and quietly shutting the door behind me.

I pushed the chair back a little bit and plopped down in the seat. I rubbed my finger against the side of the computer until I felt a bump. I pushed the button and the computer began turning on. I checked my watch, 8:41, it read. "Might as well start early," I thought to myself.

I cracked my knuckles and grabbed my mouse dragging it down and entering my password. I opened up a hit and run investigation that me and my partner been working on for a few days. Just then, the door burst open and sure enough my partner, Lukas came in using his foot to close the door.

Police hat slightly crooked, blonde hair slicked back, his navy blue eyes glistening. Two cups of coffee in hand. He walked over setting one cup down on my side of the desk and tripped from his untied shoes.

I quickly leaned forward and caught him. Our faces were centimeters apart and I could hear his rapid breaths. His face turned redder than the darkest scarlet rose on the planet. I felt my face heat up and I nervously bit my lip.

Lukas snapped to his senses getting off me and said, "I...I-I'm so so s-sorry." He awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck, walking over to his side of the desk. I watched closely as he sat down brushing his uniform off.

He set the plastic cup down, coffee running down the sides of it. I opened my drawer taking out some napkins and placing them in the middle of our desk. He grabbed one and a faint 'thanks' came out of his mouth.

I glanced at my side of the desk for a moment and saw a coffee spill on my desk. Quickly I snatched a napkin from the table and swiftly wiped it off. Luckily the coffee came right up and no stains were left behind.