The mirror

"Are you serious?" I grinned.

"I don't know... I guess so." He sighed. "But you have to-"

"Oh thank you, thank you, thank you!" I hugged him tightly. "So when do we go? How do we go? What should I bring? Oh! What does it-"

He covered my mouth with his hand and raised a brow at me.

"Slow down there. I told you that I've been thinking about it, not that we're actually gonna go." He said and removed his hand from my mouth.

"Oh ok... I'll take that as a yes then!" I grinned and he rolled his eyes.

"But I'm telling you, it's very dangerous there. And... different from Utopia. Very different. Are you absolutely sure you want to do this?"

"Yes!"

"Ok" he sighed. "Meet me by the forest at about 1:00 am"

"I will"

>>><<<

I took my backpack and slung it over my shoulder. I quietly opened the window and slowly crawled out.

I closed it behind me and stood on the roof of the front porch. It wasn't that high up so I jumped down.

I dusted myself off and started walking to the forest.

When I arrived there, I saw Yoongi leaning against a tree with his arms crossed.

"Hey!" I said.

"Hi. You ready?" He asked and I nodded. We made our way deeper into the forest and walked for at least 10 minutes.

We stopped by a large tree that had small opening between the large roots.

"We're here. Now we have to get inside the tree through that opening in the roots." Yoongi explained and I nodded.

He got down and stared crawling into the tree. I followed behind him.

When we got inside, I was a bit shocked. It looked like endless tunnels in each direction.

"This way" Yoongi's voice echoed and we crawled into one of the tunnels.

At the end of the tunnel was a little wooden door and Yoongi opened it. We crawled inside the little room and I guess we were deep enough underground to have enough space to be able to stand up.

We stood up and I stretched. I looked around the small room and there was old artifacts, jewelry and chests everywhere.

"Yoongi, What is this place?" I asked, amazed.

"I'm honestly not sure." He laughed and scratched his neck. "But all I know is that we can get to Dystopia through this mirror."

He pointed at a body sized mirror that was hanging on the wall. It had a golden frame that had a bunch of unfamiliar words written on it.

"This is the mirror of Neutropia. It can lead us to Utopia or Dystopia at any time." Yoongi said.

"Ok. It's breathtaking" I said.

"I know. But we don't want to waste any time, now do we? Let's go." He said and stood in front of the mirror.

"Wait. How do we do this?" I asked.

"Just walk straight ahead"

I looked a little bit unsure but he offered me his hand and I gladly took it.

"I won't let go of you the whole time, ok? Just follow me" He said.

He started walking and pulled me with him. I closed my eyes while walking through the glass and opened them to be met with nothing but a bright red light all around us while we walked straight ahead.

And soon, I felt a tingle rush through my whole body when we stepped out to the other side.

"We're here"