Friendships and breakups

What do you do when your best friend gets hurt?

Obviously you try to comfort her. Hold her, try to cheer her up.

I've been best friends with Camila since Middle school. I was new to the school and had just moved from San Diego. Camila had to show me around the school, even though she was pretty shy and never liked these kind of things. That day we discovered we had a lot in common. The beginning of a beautiful friendship.

I've struggeled with my sexuality since I was 13, I'm still not completely sure at this moment. I definetely like girls, but guys don't gross me out, if that makes sense? Doesn't make sense to me. I haven't told anyone though.

The reason I never told Camila? She'd start to question me as a touchy person around her. And I wouldn't be able to handle rejection.

At the age of 17 I've never made out with a girl, or a boy for that matter. There was this one time, last year, where we played Spin The Bottle at a random party. I touched lips with Camila and a guy named Shawn, but I wouldn't call it kissing.

Camila wasn't the most popular either, but she's hot, guys still look at her. She's also a hopeless romantic, so when Austin (Soccer captain of the school) asked her out she would never say 'no'. They went on multiple dates, going through some bases way too quick. I warned her, but she couldn't see the bad. 

Which leads me to this moment. 

I run downstairs when I hear faint knocks on the front door, looking through the small window first.

I wasn't prepaired to see a sad looking Camila in front of me.

"Mills? what's wrong?" I ask. 

She didn't look up, but I could see her lip tremble, so I pulled her in and held her when we sat on the couch. As soon as I put my arms around her, she started sobbing.

I thought she'd just pass out after a while, but after the crying stopped she mumbled something I couldn't quite understand.

"What did you say, Mills?" She still didn't look up, when she spoke a little clearer. "He fucked someone else." And the tears started again.

My blood started boiling at this. Like I said, I knew that Austin-boy was up to something bad, but I still hoped he wouldn't hurt her.

"The fucking douchebag doesn't deserve you, Camila. He never did. You are the most perfect girl I know and you deserve someone that respects you. Please don't ever settle for anyone that's not worthy of you. I would never hurt someone as awesome as you. I wouldn't dare to risk having such a perfect girlfriend. I'd want to spent every second of my day with you, no other person deserves attention, I'd only have eyes for you. Just know you have me whatever happens."

Somewhere during my speech, Camila looked up at me and I looked right back. I can normally read every little expression on her face, but this one I hadn't seen before.

"Thank you, Y/n" She whispered.

And before I knew it, both of us leaned in.

-----

A/N

Short chapter, but I hadn't posted in a while