Take Me Back : Trent Alexander Arnold

A/ N: This is for Eomma_Cassie !! I hope you like it, girl! Sorry about the wait! I did change some stuff up with your request so just let me know if you like it or would rather request a different one! Also, if you guys want you should check out my new
fanfic for Julian Brandt 🤙🏻its an Instagram story! I hope you all had a great day! ❤️

My body is drained of all its energy. I can feel my eyelids starting to droop as I stare blankly at the terminal gate in front of me. People pass by like feathers in the wind, and I'm stuck in my seat like a brick. The events of the previous night cross my mind.

The quick memories slash at my heart and send shivers down my spine. I grip onto my bag, trying my best not to burst into tears in front of hundreds of people. A small tear drips down my skin and smudges my cheek. Another shiver runs through me as the image of Trent, lying over that naked girl, realizes I was behind him.

His girlfriend of two years was watching him cheat on her. I was watching the love of my life making love to another girl. I take in a harsh breath and close my eyes.

"Don't think about it," I whisper to myself. My lip quivers as I speak. "Don't think about it."

The speaker above my seat suddenly pops and a voice is heard through it. "Flight 2490 to Manila is now boarding."

Everyone around me gets up from their seat. I open my eyes and exhale. I slowly climb to my feet and shuffle over to the line of people. The attendants at the desk scan each person's ticket and they are allowed into the tarmac. It's nearly my turn when I hear a voice in the distance.

"Cassie!"

"Cassie!"

"Cassie, don't go!"

I whip around to the sound of the familiar voice and am surprised. There's no one there. No one calling my name. No one. The voice I hoped it would be was just in my imagination.

"Miss?" I hear the attendant ask me.

I turn to her and force a smile. "Sorry. Here's my ticket."

"You look sad. Are you going to miss London?" She cocks a brow.

I bite my lip. "No, I don't think I am."

She eyes me curiously. "Well, have a good flight then, yeah?"

"I will." I nod. "Thank you."

With those words, I walk into the dark tunnel that seems endless. I don't dare turn around. I keep walking with my head low. I'm leaving London, and I'm leaving Trent with it.

One week later

Golden rays of sun shine down on my face as I lay in the large meadow. The tall grass sways back and forth softly as the wind breezes over it. My head rests against my hands that are behind it. I can feel the dirt rubbing on my skin. My legs are crossed as I stare up at the sky. It's a creamy blue with dusty white clouds.

I listen to the sounds of nature, along with the soft sound of piano coming from my house only a few feet behind me. My heart beats steadily and my breath is soothingly calm. I feel at ease, something that's been hard to feel lately. Most nights I cry my eyes out, or scream until my throat hurts. In the day, I try to be collected and myself. It's harder than it seems.

"Cassie!" I hear my younger sisters voice call out for me. I furrow my eyebrows and sit up, turning to face her direction. She's running towards me with a confused expression. "Sissy! Trent is here!"