How

Rodney POV

"E." I said walking into the room where she was laying across the bed on her phone. "Emani." I said again trying not to laugh. After she got mad and stormed into the house me and Mia went to the store and picked her up a couple of her favorite candies and candles, balloons, teddy bears and perfumes. Mia was tired like always so she went to her room and went straight to sleep swear she got a undercover job. "Ema-" I said as she threw a pillow at me still not looking. "I'm not in the mood for your sh-" she stopped herself as she awed at all the gifts and shit I got for her to cheer her up. "Aww Rodney why?" She said poking her lip out like she was about to cry. "What are best friends slash babydaddies for?" I joked as she laughing with watered eyes to keep from crying. "You shouldn't have." She said taking the bear and candies first. "You a fucking crybaby." I said laughing sitting next to her on the bed. "It's your fault." She said wiping under her eyes, hugging my neck. "I just wanted to make it up to you since I made you mad on your birthday." I told her as she smiled and kissed my cheek then mushing my head. "I love you so much." She said. "Yea yea you love the gifts." I said before answering my phone. "Wassup." I answered.  "What is this shit about my daughter being pregnant by you?" Her dad said in the phone. "Who told you that?" I asked him. "Listen don't play with me you hear me?" He said angrily. "I'm not I'm asking who told you this." I told him. "Who is that?" Emani asked me sitting up. I put my finger up to her as she gave me a stank face. "Don't worry bout that you pushing the limit. Don't end up dead." He said before hanging up. I smacked my teeth putting my phone down. "What happened who was that?" She asked again. "Your dad." I said laughing. "What? What about him?" She asked more curious. "He don't approve of you being pregnant by me and he told me don't end up dead." I said not even bothered by his shit anymore. Niggas threaten me all the time but this one in particular, I learned he nothing to be afraid of. "I'm calling him." She said picking up her phone dialing his number. "I ain't stressing that shit." I said shrugging my shoulders.
.

.

.
Emani POV

I dialed my dad's number so quick you only heard one dial tone. "Hey babygirl! I mi-" I stopped him. "Ima need for you to stop threatening Rodney about me. Like seriously this shit is annoying I'm not a fucking kid no more I'm grown I make my own decisions I don't need you to watch over me like I'm four daddy for real. Yes I'm pregnant by him, it takes two to fucking tango dammit." I said as Rodney eyes widened. "But I just want the best for you hermosa." He said as I rolled my eyes. "If you want the best for me, stop treating me like I'm still a baby thanks. Oh and thanks for the happy birthday dad." I said sarcastically before hanging up. "What the Fuck, he definitely gone wanna kill me now." Rodney said laughing. "I'm just tiiirreeedd of the bullshit Rodney I wish you could be in my shoes." I told him sighing. "Trust I been through a lot more shit than that at least he cares about you." He said ruffling my hair. "When my baby comes into the world I don't want you treating them like they are being smothered." I told him as he smacked his teeth. "Our baby you meant and I ain't he gone learn to be tough."  He said like he knew it was a boy. " hold up. He?" I said laughing. "yes I feel like it's a boy." He said with so much confidence. "And if it's a girl?" I questioned. "Then I'm sorry babygirl daddy didn't mean to call you a boy." He said to my stomach. He made me smile, when he said he would be a good father that day I didn't really think he meant it but he did, thank god I ain't on my own like I thought I would have to be. "That was sweet." I said to him as he smiled at me and I smiled back. "Yea But I don't really care what we have as long as they come out happy and healthy." He said getting into bed. I scooted closer to him laying my head on his chest in the right side tracing the barrel wombs what I like to call it because he fought for his life when he got shot up like that. "You really are my hero." I told him as he laughed. "Stop with the corny shit." He joked. "No I'm being serious like you went through hell and back, on top of that get threats left and right, then you put up with my shit. If I was you I couldn't have done it." I told him as he looked at me. "I mean I thought about y'all the whole time it's what get me through, knowing have someone who looking  for me to come back to them everyday." He explained as I nodded my head against his chest. I wrapped my leg around his torso and my arm over his chest. "Nigga this how you got pregnant tryna be all on me." He said chuckling. "I know but right now I just wanna lay with you not in a sexual way just lay here." I told him closing my eyes. He's so comforting and there at the right time EVERY time.